• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PC Boards for v9?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

This seems really interesting. I was planning to build a four channel miniA to drive the top end of my Linkwitz Orions, but maybe I have to rethink. One drawback with ZV9 compared to miniAs is larger heatsinks seems necessary?

Would a HiFi2000 cabinet with 2 units 400x160x40 mm heatsinks with a of Rt°C/W = 0,23 be sufficinet to cool four channels ZV9?

You have to excuse my ignorance, I know that it is possible to calculate the final temperature of the cabinet, I just don't know how to do it...

Anyway, sign me for four PSU cards and four Amp cards. Gold if not to expensive.

Veteran, you have mail!

Hi Trango,

I will be using the same cabinet.

The following data comes from Mr. Nelsons original Zen V9 article;
"This amplifier idles at about 100 watts per channel, which means that each channel needs a heat sink rated at .25 deg C. per watt."

When you as Hifi2000, they tell you this cabinet can dissipate 400 Watts, but when you calculate this would mean the cabinet would measure 66 degrees in a 20 degrees celcius room! :hot:

Greetings, Harry

Thanks!

When you as Hifi2000, they tell you this cabinet can dissipate 400 Watts, but when you calculate this would mean the cabinet would measure 66 degrees in a 20 degrees celcius room!

Hot enough to fry eggs on the heatsink!

When comparing, the First Watt F3 chassis looks so much smaller then the HiFi2000 cabinet. I guess the heatsinks of the HiFi2000 is not very efficent...

I think I will use two computer fans , one behind each heatsink. I've found some small ones that run at 16 db, should be quiet enough.

/trango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.