• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

500VA Mains transformer group buys -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all you power amp builders
listen to this:

Im planing to buy transformers for my GB300D project (Greg Balls MOSFET amps)
Transformer is custom made for this Audio project

Transformer specification:

prim: 2 x 115V
Sec 1: 45V @ 5.4A
Sec 2: 45V @ 5.4A (bifilar wound with Sec 1)
Sec 3: 12V @ 1.2A (for loudspeaker protection circuits/relay/lamps etc....)
Total output power of > 500VA
The transformer will be vacuum-potted in a mild steel-can painted black
Low Flux Density for minimum noise output
Flexible leads (300mm) 180 degrees between prim and sec. leads.

My specification to the transformer company was that this transformer should be dead silent when delivering full power (for class-A amp. projects).

Pricing so far shows

1-4pcs: £ 105.00
5-9pcs: £ 99.50
10-29: £ 89.00

Lead time when order is placed/payed: ca 14 days

NOT including in the price is the local VAT/MVA/MOMS, and shipping/handling

Is this a decent price or is there better alternatives (Plitrons transformer was priced 3 times higher than this for a 500VA transformer)

If any interests please PM me. (I have a PayPal account)
Regards :cool:

Could make changes to the Voltage-output

Okay, the response so far to a GB of the 500VA transformer was low so............

I could change the output voltage if you like, so... I would like you to make suggestions to what voltage could be beneficial for you. For my own purpose it works if voltage is between ca 2 x 30 and 2 x 45V (total: 2 x 250VA).

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.