diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/)
-   -   Parts GB for X-BOSOZ (KARI's Boards) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/73095-parts-gb-x-bosoz-karis-boards.html)

Coulomb 1st February 2006 02:59 PM

Parts GB for X-BOSOZ (KARI's Boards)

I have started sorting the kits out and have most of the PSU kits bagged. I need to finish matching the IRF610 FETs before I can start / Finish bagging the Preamp kits.

There have been some part substitutions due to exact values not being available at the time I was purchasing the parts, Resistor values mostly. There are some lead issues as the holes on Kari's boards were too small for some of the parts, which required a bit of creativity when I assembled the prototype boards. I had to change the Rectifier Diodes as the holes were too small for the 4AMUR devices I originally purchased. The Ohmite and Dale power resistors require some work to mount in the boards and the ELNA high performance 1000uf 100V caps are a little larger DIA than expected so I had to stand them off the board a tad.

The PSU filter caps are not all the same, but I will try to ensure each member gets the same caps within their parts kits.

Wiring the R-Core transformer is a little tricky for best operation as it has 4 outputs of 0-18VAC, 3 for the Positive section and one for the negative section. Finding the right combination is critical to proper operation.

This is all I have time for today, as I am posting from work. Please do not expect speedy replies to any posts you make in this thread, and please try to keep your posts cordial.

I understand there is a lot of resentment from more than a few members. Abandoning the Forum for 6 months was not an act with malicious intent on my part, and I do not wish to speak about it openly.

I also wish the Moderators could purge all the really awful rhetoric I have seen published about me while I was absent, deserved or not.

Regards

Anthony

illusionxx 1st February 2006 03:58 PM

Welcome back Anthony!
Im really happy to hear from you again. I hope everything has turned to good account for you.

As far as it concerns me take the time you need to sort things out. An update every now and then would be great though.

illusionxx

harryeng 1st February 2006 04:50 PM

Welcome back Antony!

Good to hear about you! Hope everything is all-right and you still have fun with your hobby and with helping us with part selection etc.

Greetings, Harry

BrianDonegan 1st February 2006 07:00 PM

Glad your back, man. Take your time. We all missed you.

Dennis Hui 1st February 2006 09:58 PM

Anthony,

Just happy to see you back.

Take care,
Dennis

lgreen 2nd February 2006 06:56 AM

glad you are back!

Anthony,

Good to see you back! Keep your chin up, we are all glad to hear from you.

trango 3rd February 2006 02:38 AM

Welcome back Anthony! :)

Illusus 3rd February 2006 04:59 AM

Whew! Was genuinely worried about you. Best wishes (I'm assuming everything is not remotely sorted out yet).

Take it easy.

(wow, has it really been six months already?)

peranders 3rd February 2006 06:51 AM

It's good to hear from you again, Anthony.

rwagter 3rd February 2006 06:54 AM

Glad to have you back ! :)