• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Parts GB for X-BOSOZ (KARI's Boards)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have started sorting the kits out and have most of the PSU kits bagged. I need to finish matching the IRF610 FETs before I can start / Finish bagging the Preamp kits.

There have been some part substitutions due to exact values not being available at the time I was purchasing the parts, Resistor values mostly. There are some lead issues as the holes on Kari's boards were too small for some of the parts, which required a bit of creativity when I assembled the prototype boards. I had to change the Rectifier Diodes as the holes were too small for the 4AMUR devices I originally purchased. The Ohmite and Dale power resistors require some work to mount in the boards and the ELNA high performance 1000uf 100V caps are a little larger DIA than expected so I had to stand them off the board a tad.

The PSU filter caps are not all the same, but I will try to ensure each member gets the same caps within their parts kits.

Wiring the R-Core transformer is a little tricky for best operation as it has 4 outputs of 0-18VAC, 3 for the Positive section and one for the negative section. Finding the right combination is critical to proper operation.

This is all I have time for today, as I am posting from work. Please do not expect speedy replies to any posts you make in this thread, and please try to keep your posts cordial.

I understand there is a lot of resentment from more than a few members. Abandoning the Forum for 6 months was not an act with malicious intent on my part, and I do not wish to speak about it openly.

I also wish the Moderators could purge all the really awful rhetoric I have seen published about me while I was absent, deserved or not.

Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Remember that Coulomb has requested this information from all the people who have sent money for the group buy:

Forum ID
Proper name
Address
email
Phone #

Please e-mail this info to me. Let's all do our parts to get Coulomb the information he needs to compplete this. It we don't get the info required you might be left off the first shipment!

Variac

I received my parts order today from Colomb. I am trilled - not because of parts, but because this is happy end to something that was possibly casting really bad picure on all of group buys and this great forum. I am happy as well that Anthony is back with us and that we as a group resolved our problem pacefully. Just like almost everybody on this group buy, I always had a great time dealing with Anthony, and I just couldn't beleive what was going on. The biggest win for me is that Anthony came out as someone that we all respected and beleived in.
My speciall thank to everyone that was helping in solving this issue, particularly to
Variac. Variac you have a drink, just give me a call.:drink:
Parts are nicely packed and Mosfets are matched.
Thank you Anthony
AR2

PS I will post my reply to "Petition..." tread because it deserves this conclusion.

Vlad was a special case as there wer a lot of items I owed him aside from the Group Buy. We had discussed shipping arrangements long ago and Vlad sent me the funds via Pay Pal recently.

As far as GB participants, please continue to provide Mark (Variac) with your recent contact info as we have still to work out shipping for the bulk of you.

Oops Boss is coming, got to go.

Regards

Anthony

Variac said:
AR2,

The Paypal thread has been hidden from view. If we need it again it can be turned on, but it seems unecessary at this time.

I just wanted to post to give conclusion to that tread for someone reading it in the future and to avoid getting wrong impression on Anthony. I realised that tread was closed which mean that anyone could read it but not post. I would prefer that we have info at the end of the tread that explained that Anthony came clean on that. It doesn't need to be my post but we have to add something that conclude it in the positive way.
So much from me this time from very warm LA, by the pool in Ritz Carlton...:cool:
Variac, my invitation still stands.:drink:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.