• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lowther GB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr. Ver Halen has offered a great deal to us DIY'ers at DIYaudio.com:) If you dont know Mr. Ver Halen, he is the guy behind Lowther in the US! For more info see this thread and onwards;(and backwards for that matter;) ) Lots of great info in there!
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=805293#post805293
This is your oppertunity to have a pair of Lowthers, for cheap:)
Please, post your interest! Jon Ver Halen will handle all orders, so it will all be handled in a professional way!!
Please see the above thread for the terms. Generally you can pick whatever driver you fancy:)

Steen:cool:

Yeah, you know me Tony:) Fast out of the gate:D I hope enough people will join in. Should I make a pointer thread in the Pass department?? I dont think all the folks overthere reads this department?? I did make a thread in the fullrange forum, perhaps they need a "bump" too??

Steen:cool:

Edit. Hi Cotdt we crossposted! I am glad you joined:cool: I am considering a DX3 I guess. I will try to figure out by asking in the fullrange forum though:)

Hi guys
You might want to take a serious look at the "C" series also. They are very resonably priced, and you get the most of the qualities of the Lowthers, indeed. The C45 and the C55 should be just great for a F-amp;) Or a "regular" amp for that matter;)
Well, lets set a deadline for this GB, otherwise it will just drag on forever. I suggest, after talking to Jon, that the GB ends by the last day of this month. (January-2006 in case you find this thread in the next decade!) So lets have those orders in, before this month comes to an end. After reading about the C series, I think I am inclined to take a pair of C55's. I recall Nelson Pass mentioned them as being nearly as good as the DX55!

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Slow?:D

You already have 4 pairs considening Choky's:eek:

unfortunately,Choky is too poor for Lowthers in this moment ;(

besides - I already have 2+1 pairs of my preciouss 8" Iskra , and also pair of philips AD12100 whizzers ,along with pair Altec 811B hoppers and pair of Goodmans drivers for them..........

'nuff for few years of fun,don't you think?
:D

I did not find any info on DX55 (except prices) in lowther america.

If you want to know specifications
you can go to
The Lowther DX Series

These pictures below shows DX55.
To me, this is The Looks Of Pure Quality!
They remind me of my Focal Midrange Drivers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I already have 2+1 pairs of my preciouss 8" Iskra , and also pair of philips AD12100 whizzers ,along with pair Altec 811B hoppers and pair of Goodmans drivers for them..........
Yeah, that sounds like a couple of years fun allright :) I am still trying to find out about a decent box for my Coral Flat6-II's:D
Well, one of the best sounding radios I ever heard was a very old tube radio!! The sound of that thing was just so great, I could listen to it fo hours:)

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.