• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X Compact PCB Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

finally, here it is :D : the official thread for the Aleph-X Compact PCB group buy.
I have updated the WIKI Page with all the relevant information.
I will repeat here shortly the most important points:
To keep the prices down, I will order upfront a bigger amount of boards (at least 100 Mainboards, 400 Driver boards and 100 rectifier boars). This way, I will be able to keep the prices as follows:
EUR 8.00 for the mainboard
EUR 3.30 for the driver board
EUR 6.50 for the rectifier board

The board will be manufactured as follows:
2 oz. copper
Blue solder mask
White silkscreen

A complete stereo set (2 main boards, 8 driver boards and 2 retifier boards) will then cost 55.40 EUR + Shipment.

I will place my order next week, on December 15th (1 week from today). If, until that moment, an interest for a bigger amount of boards as stated above will be shown, prices will be further reduced (I hope).

I am also organising parts for the rectifier boards. Ordering at least 100 part kits, I will be able to keep the price for the COMPLETE kit at 14 EUR. If you' re interested, please sign up (I have replaced the column for the MOSFETS with one for the rectifier kit).
The rectifier kit will include:
- 4 Heatsinks
- 4 rectifiers FEP30DP from General Semi (equivalent to MUR3020, with lower junction capacitance)
- 1 Weidmuller screw connector
- 4 Film capacitors and 4 metal film resistors

Cheers,

Bruno

So, if I were to get a stereo set for 55,40 euro, plus two rectifier kits for 26,00 euro, my total would of course be 81,40 euro. What then would shipping be for all of that to USA?

I thought someone somewhere said 11 euro for standard and 17 euro for deluxe shipping, but just making sure.

Perhaps if by the 15th there are enough in the US buying these kits we could have them all shipped to one house in the US and from there they could be distributed via domestic mail.

Right now 3 people in the US are on the list (and one in Canada, whick would save money also on this as long as the package to them isnt more than 3/4 of a pound). If it were shipped to one place and then the two (US) were sent out, the totals would be:

17,00 euro ($19.95) to get the boards to one house
$3.85 priority mail (2 day) to send to one other house
$3.85 priority mail (2 day) to send to the other house
-----------------------------------------------------------
$27.65 total / 3 = $9.22 for a savings of $10.73 (this of course depends if the price of shipping from europe to here remains 17 euro even with the added weight)

I have tons of boxes and packing material laying around and would be happy doing all of this if you all would trust me... Of course with only 3 US takers it isnt a huge savings or anything but it is still almost 11 bucks. I even came up with an equation for the total per person with x being the number of US (and possibly Canadian) households wanting boards:

Total price per US persoon: ($16.10 / x) + $3.85
3 people = $9.22 ea
4 people = $7.88 ea
5 people = $7.07 ea
and so on.
These are some pretty good savings. And these may be a little more in the end depending on the cost from europe to here.

If there is an interest in this like I said I would be willing to help out. Let me know.

Hi ron,

it was actually me mentioning those shipment costs, which are valid for a small package up to 1/2 kg (1.1 lbs).

I believe such a weight would be enough for at least 3 stereo sets plus 5-6 rectifier kits, so I do not see any problem in grouping the orders together.

Cheers,

Bruno

Update and good news!

Hi all,

well, there' s some news: I' ve been asking some more offers and... if I buy upfront the quantity mentioned in my first post, prices will be as follows:
EUR 6.70 for the mainboard
EUR 2.40 for the driver board
EUR 5.60 for the rectifier board

It means, a complete stereo set (2 main boards, 8 driver boards and 2 retifier boards) will then cost 43.80 EUR + Shipment (instead of 55.40 + Shipment).

The board will be manufactured as follows:
2 oz. copper
Blue solder mask
White silkscreen

AND...

GOLD PLATED PADS!

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi lancelet (and all!),

I' m going to place the order for the boards on December 15th, and I expect them to be at my place at the beginning of January, 2006. Then, I' ll forward them immediately to all the participants of this group buy.

BTW, I' m going to send payment instructions only on Friday, December 16th. If, by December 15th, there will be orders for more than the equivalent of 50 stereo sets (100 mainboards, 400 driverboards and 100 rectifier boards), I will likely be able to talk my supplier into lowering the prices. That' s why I' m going to send the final payment instructions only on December, 16th.

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
I' m going to place the order for the boards on December 15th I' m going to send payment instructions only on Friday, December 16th.

Why place the order before you get the commitment, and a large part of the money, first ?
Secondly, you should place the order when you are sure the boards will work. Look at the mess they made at some of the other group buys.

Hi Jacco,

there's some reasons for that:
One reason is that I want anyway to have those PCBs. Ordering a very small quantity would mean paying an unreasonably high unit price.
Secondly, I know that several people on this forum are interested in these boards. This means, in the real spirit of a group buy, we can join our strenghts to lower the price.
Third reason, to keep the price low I need ANYWAY to order a certain quantity. The commitment so far is quite high, and I believe that, in the ned, I will not stay with some unsold boards.
If I would order a lower quantity of boards, the unit price would be higher, then the general interest in them would be lower... you get the picture!
As for collecting the money in advance, well... I deeply believe 99.9999% of the people on this forum are honourable, so I do not have any worries. Anyway, I will eventually send the boards only to those who paid...:D

The other reason for collecting the money after placing the order is that, if by December 15th there is a commitment for a higher quantity of boards than what I think, I will possibly be able to obtain better prices from my supplier. In other words, the exact amount to pay will be known only after December, 15th. If I would wait another week or two to collect the money before placing the order, then we would have to wait too long for those boards to come... my feet are itchy!:D

To make sure the boards will work, there' s only one way: order some and test them. The design is reatively simple and the design has been checked also by some other people, so I do not see any big problem.

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Jacco,

I understand it and I thank you for your concern, but I believe that, in the end, I will not be left with many boards. Experience shows that there' s always some "late birds" asking "is there any boards left?". :D :D :D :clown:

As for being sure that the boards will work, well... I thought about it and, althought feeling pretty confident that there shouldn' t be any problems, I also understand this concern. That' s why I state here OFFICIALLY that, should anybody have problems with these boards, I will entirely refund their money or, at their choice, I will make a run of new, corrected boards and replace the old ones for free.

Cheers,

Bruno

P.S.: As for the group buy guidelines, there' s only one point I really agree with: to let all of you know all my personal data, so you can contact me at any moment. You will all receive them together with the payment instructions.

Hi all,

just a quick notice to all the participants: at the moment I am on an unforeseen business trip quite far away from home and I will be back only on December 15th, late in the evening. So, I will place the order for the boards on December 16th. Sorry for this inconvenience.

As for the rectifiers' component kits, I noticed that the interest is relatively low. To keep the prices low, I should order at least 100 kits and that would mean that I would remain with too many kits. So, if the interest remain at this level, I will be obliged to cancel the group buy for these kits (but not for the boards, of course...).

Cheers,

Bruno

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.