• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toroidal Transformers for KSA50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would anyone else in Europe be interested in a group buy for custom transformers for the KSA50 project? I have been in negotiations with a custom transformer manufacturer and have been offered the following deal if I can get at least 10 units purchased.

This is a specifically prepared for audio use transformer and features an oversized, mechanically stabilized core, and the centre will be potted. Also the windings will be heavily taped to further reduce vibrational noise.

Specifications:

Input: 230v @ 50Hz
Output: 2 x 28-0-28
Rating: 1250VA
Core: 2KVA
Size: 20cm dia x 10cm high
Weight: Lots.

If I can get the afore mentioned 10 purchases, the cost for these will be £125 each. Delivery will be £12.50.

Is anyone else interested?

OK, enquiries have been made. This is whats offered;

Primary: 230v 50Hz
Secondary: 28-0-28
Rating: 500VA
Dimensions:160 x 70mm

This will be wound onto a 625 VA core.
The core will be resin impregnated prior to winding.
Windings will be heavily taped.
Core centre will be potted.

Cost will be £50 each
Delivery will be £12.50 a pair (UK only)
£30 Surcharge for Mainland Europe.

Would you prefer the primary and secondary windings to exit on the same side of the core, or on opposite sides?

I hope this is helpfull.

Well two toroids like that sound a preferable solution to me.

on almost relaited, but slightly off topic question (sorry):
I'm pretty late to jump on the Krell Klone bandwagon having just got a pair of boards off Shinobiwan. I thought the Krell wanted something along the lines of + and - 45Volts to get 50Watts at 8Ohms or am I missing something significant, did we decide to build these to drive a 4ohm load?

just curious.

WHo else is interested and what type of transformers would they like to see?

Doh, 28V AC should rectify to almost 40V DC.

please excuse my stupidity ;)

Yes IMHO dual toroids sound like a good idea and I would certainly be VERY interested, around about the time of my next paycheck (1st week of december) ;)

I personally don't care too much where the windngs exit, anyone else got any preference?

Sorry guys but I may be dropping out of this as Royal mail seem to have 'misplaced' my Krell boards! which were posted with a pair of 9"ATC drivers and 8" seas drivers so they havn't dropped down the back of the sofa or anything !!!!

must say though Shinobiwan has been absolutely great about the deal (I bought they lot off him) and is footing the bill until the claim is sorted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.