• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest in ZV4 short run?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will take a few as well:)

I'd be interested if it came with the option to use a Jfet as the input buffer as suggested by NP.

It would be possible to mount a Jfet even though the pinouts arent the same. You can get the source pin right and just twist the other two legs a bit to hit the correct designations. Its not the most elegant way, but it is do-able. The bigger problem would be R20 and C7 on the "Blues-buffer" (catchy name BTW:) ). That would have to be mounted P2P somehow. I do not think it is too much of a hassle to adapt the ZV4 board for the Blues-buffer.

Steen:cool:

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
fcel:

A fellow member purchased my ZV4 and expresed interest in building his own set of mono ZV4's. As I only had one pair of boards left, I arranged a short run as a favor, because I could.

Over the years I've spent a fair amount of my personal time and money persuing and promoting the diy audio hobby. I built my ZV4 specifically to show at Midwest Audio Fest to promote Pass's new diy site. We printed up posters and flyers and tried to encourage attendees to take the leap and try diy. Hopefully we converted a few. We'd hoped to launch a diy support site called audiohobby.com. We had the logo made up and everything.

Last winter, my only local diy friend passed away, and the hobby just hasn't been as much fun without someone to collaborate, compete, and compare projects with. That, combined with an oveflowing basement, and economic realities convinced me I should move on.

I still plan to read the forums, and especially Pass's projects, and someday I'm sure I'll get the urge to build something albeit on a small scale.

I have sold maybe 50% of my stuff at this point, including my much loved Audio Precision. I'm quite certain I've lost money on every sale, lest anyone should think I'm a "pro".

I'm glad you liked my packing. Shipping is brutal, so I try to get stuff there safely.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

Very saddened to hear about your friend. This is a great hobby and I imagine that it is a LOT more fun not to be working alone. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of having someone local to work with.

In another week to ten days I'll head off from Albuquerque to take a job just north of West Palm Beach in Florida. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to run across another diyaudio person.

I am sure you will return to this some day.

rt

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Audio diy'ers are a rare breed - half audiophile, half mad scientist! So when I meet one I like, I try to treat them well:cool:

I got an ETA on the boards. They should be ready around Nov. 18th.

I'll also try to work up a little package deal for anyone that wants one of my remaining class A project chassis to go with their boards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.