• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

(one more) ALEPH P 1.7 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member

Attachments

• ux_a11072800ux0115_ux_c.jpg
    ux_a11072800ux0115_ux_c.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Volume attenuator

Hi Veteran,
I'm looking forward to receiving my boards, and in the meantime I've been looking around at volume attenuators and the one you showed a pic of in post 989 is mighty tempting.

I'm sadly sure it'll be outside my budget levels but where/how would I go about finding the details and costings around that project?

Thanks again!

hi aspring

maybe this will works fine the only but is there isnt

a remote and there are only 3 chanel for the input ....

8 Pole 3 Position Rotary Selector Switch 8P 3POS Knob | eBay

for the poti you can take 2 x 50k alps the blue one and
connect this two together... that is my plan ore use theme
one for one chanel makes a cool balance
that all together will not cost more than 35 dollar ore 30 euro...

and please dont use the cheap caps they are not that good
better is a ampohm ore clarity caps mundorf jensen...

you can take a look at tony gee here is a list and test

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

he also build some very nice speaker

ore

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Loudspeaker_Projects.htm#INDEX

there are also some realy good infos about caps

thats is only a choice of versions and a clou maybe...

happy soldering

cheers manuel

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Ahne,
Thanks for the links - ive had a good look through the speaker designs on that site (and felt sad my timberworking skills and time management aren't up to building any of them!). Your link to the channel selector on ebay - the link isn't working for me, so I'm not sure what you're linking to, but I'm thinking about making my own relay switching unit this time...

Caps wise I already have a stash of polyester units I intend to use - sadly my budget doesn't permit buying a fresh batch of boutique caps, and the ones I have should fit in nicely on the board. Thats quite the resource you've linked to though, and may prove useful for the next build.

With regards to the volume attenuation I'm probably going to use a pair of

Dact Type SMD Stepped Attenuator 21 Step Free SHIP | eBay

they should provide good level matching between the two pairs of outputs at a very reasonable cost. The couch isn't too far away from the amps so a remote isn't essential :)

The main appeal to the veteran / Pdaniels remote option is that it looks gorgeous, and with those two names behind it is likely to be a high quality unit. It's certainly got my attention as an option; it remains to be seen if my wallet can handle it!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi veteran, I've slowly worked my way through the various aleph threads here and your contribution to what we do is, well, awesome.

I live in a part of the world blessed with wineries and breweries, so if you'd like to let me know what your preferred beverage is perhaps I could send something your way as a thanks to the contribution you've made here. PM me whenever you like.

Edit: tldr - thanks! contact me for hooch!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.