• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Purchase for CineMag Input Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: I'm in for two

pkpickard said:
Just tell me the whens and wheres of making the payment.

I guess now's as good a time as any to try and come to a consensus on that.

PayPal would be the most convenient and expedient method in my opinion though it does add some rather small transaction and currency conversion fees.

I could collect the funds in my account and then when everyone's payment has been made, submit the order to CineMag and transfer the funds to their PayPal account.

I haven't organized a group purchase before so I don't know how these things are typically handled if there's anything typical as to how they're handled.

I'm planning to keep this open until the end of next week so in the meantime, I'm open to suggestions as to organizing payment.

Let's hear it.

se

Re: One more to join the group

pekka said:
I'm in for two transformers. Steve, the version you suggested (with bushing mounting) is fine for me.

Thanks, Pekka.

By the way, earlier I went back to the first post in this thread so I could run through all the posts and get a tally. Turns out that SY has been acting as accountant and has been updating my first post with a running tally.

So those who want to keep up with the running tally, you might want to temporarily bookmark it:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61745&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

se

Bas Horneman said:
I'm going to pass on the stepups for now...Might get them later when I have a DL103 or something...I'll stick to MM for the time being. Thanks anyway Steve.

No problem. If you need fewer than 11 pieces and it's not part of a group purchase, just order straight from CineMag.

So can I mail you the money or are you going to request the exact amount to each paypal address?

What I had in mind was to get everyone's PayPal account name and then I'd send each individual a separate PayPal invoice. That would be the best in my opinion from an accounting point of view because the invoice will have everything itemized and totaled which I think is better than people just sending a lump sum.

If anyone doesn't want to or can't use PayPal, I'll accept a postal money order in US dollars.

I don't want to start collecting any funds just yet as it looks possible that we might hit the 50 piece mark. So I'd rather wait until the end of next week and see where we stand. If we're sitll under 50 pieces and a few people don't follow through with payment, then we're ok as the price will remain the same. But if we get up to 50 and a few don't follow through and we ultimately end up below 50 pieces, then things get a bit messy. :)

So everybody just hold their horses for now.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.