Soft switch version 2 anyone? - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2005, 03:09 AM   #51
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

Rob ... does this D1 reversal applies to the version 1 board - the very first version board where it is really not a group buy?
Old 23rd November 2005, 03:39 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Maxhawk Send a message via AIM to Maxhawk Send a message via MSN to Maxhawk
Quote:
Originally posted by fcel
Rob ... does this D1 reversal applies to the version 1 board - the very first version board where it is really not a group buy?

No, it does not. I don't believe I had put any type of polarity indication on the earlier versions.
Old 24th November 2005, 03:30 AM   #53
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Hello Robert,
I do not know if you have problems receiving my emails, but I sent few without any answer. Could you please help me since i do not know where is the problem and I really would like to complete this project.
I have assembled all 4 soft switches that I received from you and tested two of them. The problem I have is that when power is connected green Led on the board is lit and blue led on the switch is lit, but when switch is pressed nothing happens - no switching occurs. If I pull the terminator from On to Off position or vice versa than I could hear relay switching, obviously while powered. That is the only way to get switch to switch.
I tested the second board with the same switch and it acted the same way. Didn't want to test other two boards in order to preserve them if I did something wrong. I tested without any load and no fuses are blown. Obviously the power is on since leds are light... Everything seems to work fine besides main function - switching. Nothing seems burned, or problematic...
Do you have any idea what I did wrong
I would appreciate your help very much
Thank you
AR2
Old 24th November 2005, 03:43 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Maxhawk Send a message via AIM to Maxhawk Send a message via MSN to Maxhawk
Quote:
Originally posted by AR2
Hello Robert,
I do not know if you have problems receiving my emails, but I sent few without any answer. Could you please help me since i do not know where is the problem and I really would like to complete this project.
AR2
Sorry, I have not received any emails. I do check my spam filter every now and then and have not seen anything there either.

I will send you an email and we can continue this discussion offline.

--Rob
Old 24th November 2005, 03:53 AM   #55
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Thank you.
I always had great communication with you, so i know something was wrong.
I repliead to the email.
Old 26th November 2005, 04:15 AM   #56
MattM is offline MattM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AR2
... Everything seems to work fine besides main function - switching. Nothing seems burned, or problematic...
Do you have any idea what I did wrong
I would appreciate your help very much
Thank you
AR2
You probably covered this in your emails already, but that's the exact symptoms I had on unit #4 until I corrected the D1 polarity.

The excess voltage causes the pin 3 input on the 4013 to stay high all the time, thus no switching.
Old 26th November 2005, 07:54 AM   #57
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Thumbs up Switches done...!

My switches ... finally done !

Arne K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switcxxx.jpg (85.5 KB, 557 views)
Old 27th November 2005, 04:25 PM   #58
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My switches ... finally done !
Mine also! Only one drawback,......they don't switch
If I apply power to the unit, both the LED on the PCB and the blue ring in the push button lite up. If I press the push button both go out, and so and so on but the relay stays silent. I reversed D1 as was mentioned earlier and I measure 11,94VDC on both units. Is there a possibility that I overheated a transistor

Regards
Old 27th November 2005, 05:09 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeWa

Mine also! Only one drawback,......they don't switch
If I apply power to the unit, both the LED on the PCB and the blue ring in the push button lite up. If I press the push button both go out, and so and so on but the relay stays silent. I reversed D1 as was mentioned earlier and I measure 11,94VDC on both units. Is there a possibility that I overheated a transistor

Regards

The switch/flip-flop is working since the LED is changing state when you press the button. If you have a DVM you can check each leg of transistor Q1 to see what's happening. The base of Q1 should match the LED: high when LED is on and low when LED is off. The collector for Q1 should be high when the LED is on and low when the LED is off. If D3 was installed backwards, then Q1 will fail because of excess current. If you have the PNP transistor installed in the place of Q1, then the circuit will not work.

Let me know what you find out.
Old 27th November 2005, 06:04 PM   #60
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Maxhawk

After inspecting both boards I found the following errors.
On one board I reversed D3
On the other one I mixed up Q1 with Q6

I already corrected the D3 error but still no switching. I'm gonna put everything away for a while and come back on it when I feel less p****d about it.

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!