• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Soft switch version 2 anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dr.strangelove3 said:
Hello Robert,

Can you give us an update on the groupbuy?

Boards are due in next week. I have all the parts except for the transformer. I probably should check with Digikey to get an updated due date. I've started making parts kits but not done yet.

For 230VAC versions I will be including a 630V 0.1uF cap which goes across the output of the relay. I've modified the layout to accept a 10mm and 15mm lead-spacing cap.

--Rob

Boards are due in next week. I have all the parts except for the transformer. I probably should check with Digikey to get an updated due date. I've started making parts kits but not done yet. For 230VAC versions I will be including a 630V 0.1uF cap which goes across the output of the relay. I've modified the layout to accept a 10mm and 15mm lead-spacing cap.

Good news :)

Seth Hensel said:
I just got a notice from paypal that the payment sent to the e-mail address indicated in the Wiki two days ago is unclaimed.

Do I need to take additional steps to complete the payment?

Seth,

That means you sent it to the wrong paypal address. I just checked my Paypal history and I do not show any receipt of payment from you. You'll need to retract the payment and double-check the spelling of my email (rcheng@mindspring.com).

Rob

Good News!

I emailed the manufacturer of the transformer comlaining that I had 50 pcs of TE70012 on backorder from Digikey and that they had no idea when stock would be available. One day later I get an email from Digikey saying that the parts were on the way and I should have them in about a week.

Also boards are due to ship out on 10/3, so I should have them by the end of next week. I'll be able to start shipping out kits on the week of 10/14.

I've ordered extras, so if you want in on the GB or want additional pieces, let me know.

--Rob

LastStop said:
Recieved the kit in the mail today. Thanks Rob for all your hard work.

btw, I think that the values for R2, R3, R6, & R8 are marked wrong on the pcb (soft switch). I've assembled the board according to the values listed on the schematic and it seems to work.

You're right. There's a problem with the silk screen. R2 and R6 should have been marked with 22K. I originally had all the series base resistors at 1K, but it was dragging down the output of the 4013 because there were so many transistors being driven by it.

The value of R3 and R8 are not critical. You can switch R3 and R8, or change them if you want. R3 sets the brightness of the on-board LED, and R8 sets the brightness of the switch LED. I think on my example I have the 510 ohms installed in R8 as it's listed on the silkscreen.

My original prototype boards didn't have a bottom silkscreen so it obviously didn't get double-checked.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll need to add that to my summary sheet that I send with the parts.

Let me/us know how the kits works out.

As I expressed in my email to Rob yesterday,
I just received my packages; I would call this an example of how group buy should be done. Everything was nicely packed with instructions, schematics, board layouts and parts listing. Not to mention quality of the boards.
One more time thank you for the hard work you are doing for DIY community.
AR2

Just received my kit today too!

I have to say that the board, packaging and instructions are better than many of the "professional" kits I have ordered over the years.

Outstanding Job Robert!

I do have one question...

I haven't really studied the schematic yet, so I'm sure I could figure this out, but you don't mention J9 and the shorting jumper in the instructions. Taking just a quick glance at the schematic, it looks like it might be a normally-on/normally-off setting?

Thanks!

MattM said:
I haven't really studied the schematic yet, so I'm sure I could figure this out, but you don't mention J9 and the shorting jumper in the instructions. Taking just a quick glance at the schematic, it looks like it might be a normally-on/normally-off setting?

Thanks!

Oops, you're right. I forgot to mention J9 in the instructions. It's used to select the default state upon power up -- when the circuit is first plugged in or if the power goes out (during a storm) and comes back on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.