Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2005, 06:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Default Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

I have obtained the gracious permission of Mauro Penasa to have PCBs made of the chip amps he has made public on this site.

NIGC/IPSthread
REF-GCthread

The boards will be as he designed them with solder mask and silk screen.

I am going to try to keep the price right around $20 depending on my actual cost.

Please let me know if you are interested soon, as it takes 2-3 weeks to get the boards made.

These are very practical designs which work well for making both integrated amps and stand alone power amps. Also, everything is on the PCB excpect the trafo, so no need for a seperate PS board.

The amps have already been prototyped and tested as you can read in the threads.

Here is an image of Mauro's prototype of the NIGCWIPS:
Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 12th June 2005, 06:14 PM   #2
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

I'm in for 3 boards. I favor the "Ref" boards.

Ciao!
Old 13th June 2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Gmorris is offline Gmorris  United States
diyAudio Member

Sign me up for one "reference" board.

One board has both channel's, correct?
Old 13th June 2005, 02:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That is correct both boards are stereo boards. They are also very complete boards. The only thing off-board is the trafo.
Old 13th June 2005, 02:46 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Must say that I'm really curious to see (err... hear ) how Mauro's amp will sound... count me for one.

Mauro, in case you are listening, where do you live exactly? Maybe we are neighbours and don't even know

Cheers

Andrea
Old 13th June 2005, 11:41 PM   #6
needlz is offline needlz  United States
diyAudio Member

If it's not too late, sign me up for a reference board too.
Old 14th June 2005, 12:45 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Order date.

I will set up a paypal account and begin taking orders sometime in the next week or two. So, no its not too late.

I would like to get payment prior to ordering the boards since this will be a small batch with very little margine.

Once the boards are ordered I should have them in about 2-3 weeks. At which time I will mail them out.

I am willing to ship outside U.S. as long as I am able. I have never shipped out of U.S. before so I am not sure what is required besides extra postage. I will charge postage and packing fee that is in line with the actiual cost to ship. Probably around $5 for US orders.

It looks like most people want the REF boards, so maybe I will focus on those for now.

I looks like there is demand for 5 or 6 of them besides mine, so maybe I will go ahead and order a dozen. I would really like to order 20-30 of them as the cost goes down significantly.

This is a very different and inovative design, and not "just another gainclone". I think its one a lot of us would like to try.

Please get the word out, and post if you are interested. I will set up a web site for reserving your boards soon.

If enough people are interested I may also be willing to create a parts kit.
Old 14th June 2005, 02:24 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi Russ,

since finding good component in my country is the biggest challenge for DIY-ing... (it is very difficult just to get panasonic FC cap or resistors) I would be interrested to the ref board if it comes as a kit... with all the required components...

So, any followers to build it as a kit?

Thnks,
---
David
Old 14th June 2005, 02:30 AM   #9
GaryB is offline GaryB  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Order date.

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ White
I looks like there is demand for 5 or 6 of them besides mine, so maybe I will go ahead and order a dozen. I would really like to order 20-30 of them as the cost goes down significantly.

Please get the word out, and post if you are interested. I will set up a web site for reserving your boards soon.

Russ,
I'd be interested in 1 or 2 boards to help move this along.
Thanks,
---Gary
Old 14th June 2005, 12:55 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Pricing update.

Since most of the the emails/posts have requested the "REF" design I will limit the current order to that design.

Here is how pricing breaks down right now:

If I order 10 pieces:

$22.50 per stereo board.

If I order 20 or more pieces:
$19.75 per stereo board.

In either case shipping/handling charge will be $5.00 per order for U.S. orders for up to 8 boards.

I will have to deal with orders outside the U.S. on a case by case basis. In any case payment will be accepted through paypal.

Lets see if we can get the order size up to 20 pieces, as that brings them under twenty bucks. That is a great price for these boards.

Does anyone have a preference for color? I was planning on ordering red, but I am open to suggestions. I may even be able to get a couple of different colors. I will ask.

Hide this!Advertise here!