Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2005, 02:46 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi Russ-

Sign me up for a couple as well. I will try to get a BOM together from US suppliers and see what can be done about kits. More as I know it later.
Old 14th June 2005, 03:53 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default sign me up

Russ,

Thanks for your e-mail.
Sign me up for one stereo board.

I would be interested in parts as well. That is the biggest hasle over here to find a supplier that can do the lot.

Regards

E&E
Old 14th June 2005, 04:33 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Forgot to point that I'm interested in the "Ref" board (as almost everyone it seems)

Cheers

Andrea
Old 14th June 2005, 06:11 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Ah, what the hey... Sign me up for a board as well, Russ. I guess I'll add it to my collection of unfinished projects for the time being
Old 14th June 2005, 10:37 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hey Russ-

Since we are having boards made, why not see if we can get double sided boards to emilinate the jumper wires? Would that add to the price significantly? and where do you estimate we are with the board count?
Old 14th June 2005, 10:40 PM   #16
gengis is offline gengis  United States
diyAudio Member

I will take one.
Old 14th June 2005, 10:43 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Brian,

I am not opposed to doing two sided boards, but I am not sure we have time to get it in for this round.

Plus this is really Mauro's design and not mine. I would kind of like to use his original work, just to have a few around.

I am not good enough at eagle (yet) to do it myself. Plus I think the board is too big for the free version which is all I have.

It seems the count is around 10 right now... maybe 12.

At this rate I will likely get the order in later this week.

Thanks for your interest in this by the way.

Russ
Old 14th June 2005, 10:47 PM   #18
gengis is offline gengis  United States
diyAudio Member

Blue?
Old 15th June 2005, 01:21 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

I'm tempted, but the parts list means very little to me.

If someone said "You can get every component from xyz and it will cost about xxx dollars" then it would be an easy decision. A US source (online) is just as good as UK for me, better in fact as it will be cheaper.
Old 15th June 2005, 02:00 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Default update

Quick update:

I only have the option of getting green boards right now. Later (if I can get a lrger quantity) I may be able to get other colors, but the first order will have to be green.

The good news is I am able to get very high quality boards specs as follows:

1.6mm FR4 boards
2oz copper
HASL finish
SilkScreen
Green color

I will start accepting payments very soon for this first batch. Keep in mind that while this is a tested/protoyped circuit that this is the first production batch of these boards from this manufacturer I will have received. They should be just fine, but there is an outside chance of manufacturing defects. I am using the Gerbers provided by Mauro.

I ordered a batch a couple weeks ago of a dozen of each of the designs but they were made locally and sent to some college friends for school projects. I did not have any parts for building one yet so I let all of those boards go. Those boards were pretty expensive. I would have had to sell them at $25 just to cover my cost, so I decided not to use that manufacturer. Also, the boards were not as good as these should be, in fact the boards were very thin. These should be quite a bit better.

Lets get a few of these built, and then based on community input evaluate the value of modifications such as dual layer.

The single layer board is a very attractive solution because it does help keep the cost very reasonable while only adding a few jumpers which are easy.

I will post the order page address soon.

Thanks,
Russ

Hide this!Advertise here!