• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the BOM. I think it's complete (went over it again this morning and made a few fixes).

Raw price per kit is $56.25.

This does not include:
- shipping charges from the vendor to me,
- the price of bags and boxes for packing the orders,
- the shipping out to you.
- PayPal fee (2.9% + $0.30) per order

This is a little lower than before, and the kit price will be ammended. I have been trying to think of how to accurately get a shipping price from the vendor before actually ordering. I think I will simply estimate $7.50 per vendor.

So 7.50 * 2 = 15/15 = $1 per order.

Currently we are at $56.25 + $1 = $57.25 per kit + paypal + shipping

Attachments

• 3886 bom.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 65
Point Taken

You are correct Russ.

THere are differences in the curves to suggest that the full pack version does warm up faster and cool off slower even with an almost the same thermal transfer number. The note to read is the derating factor if I remember right.

THere is only going to be some difficulty if the heatsink is on the small side and the amp is driven hard with a power supply voltage nering the max. Keep to around 30 volts after rectification or after the regulator and you will be just fine.

MArk

BrianDonegan said:
I think the schematic for this version of the amp specified 24VAC, which results in 33.6VDC for the rails.

Speaking of heatsinks, would anyone be interested in including them in the kit? Here's what I was thinking:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31489&item=7527192673&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Have him cut 3" pieces. One piece for each amp (3 x 5 3/8 inches). 3" would be $4.38 each, plus shipping charges out course. Could go to 4" for $5.84 each.

That sound like a great idea! If 4" can dissipate enough heat I would be in for that.

Would anyone be interested in these heatsinks?

I'll most likely be using the sinks on the left (cut to size) for this project. I have some extras I'm trying to get $15/pair for....or maybe trade towards the kit?

Attachments

• picture 019w.jpg
    picture 019w.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 229
Any informations:

I have found any numerations not correct on the BOM and have corrected it ( only the serigraphy references, the quantities are correct ).I attach the corrected version to verify. I Creed that you did a good work, Brian.

LM3886 T now TF: The T version ( not iso ) has theoretically a better ability of dissipate of the heat ( internal ) toward the heatsink. In my LM3886 circuit it has to dissipate " theoretically " a lot of energy if the load is 4 ohms. This calculations however I am in " sinusoidal continues power" that doesn't exist in the ordinary music. I have done my test with the "T" type (not iso), but I believe that for an "moderate" use goes well the TF type ( iso ) for the reasons lists from Russ...

Heatsink: I Suggestion to use a type with 1-1.2 °C/W of Thermal Resistance, with vertical development ( like NS- AN1192 by BR100 mod. )

Ciao

Mauro

Attachments

• 3886 bom_mod.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.