• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX active crossover buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks Chipco - I asked about moxlites but got no reply. :(

I've been an active XO convert for a while, but so far it has been point to point on prototype boards. Changing values on PTP makes things interesting, and unreliable. I have a MOXLite version of my XO almost complete, but other things have used my free time lately.

Jens,

Since you seem to have nothing better to do on a Friday night :clown: , maybe you could add a notch/boost filter like in the MOXLite. (or another small board with a pair of notches) I'm currently heading down the Cauer-Elliptic path towards very low tweeter XO frequencies.

Thanks again for your many contributions to this forum.

Bob

I'll clean it up and include the notch filter section that uses Jens' formulas in his Active Filter One manual. Really all I did was plug the formulas into a cell, referencing the various inputs in cells above.

It will be a couple days though. I am heading out for a DIY project involving plumbing, painting, electrical work and maybe cross country skiing.

BobEllis said:
Jens,

Since you seem to have nothing better to do on a Friday night :clown: , maybe you could add a notch/boost filter like in the MOXLite. (or another small board with a pair of notches) I'm currently heading down the Cauer-Elliptic path towards very low tweeter XO frequencies.

Bob

2 EQ sections.... hmmm let me take a look at it I might have to go for a dual layer... would that be ok?

How about a powersupply? I seem to have room for a pair of LM7815/7915....let me know

\Jens

When you guys are going to produce boards, I would be interested....

I have tried active filtering with a Deqx PDC2.6 and it worked great. I sold it to build a complete Pass system, but I just know I want to go active again, with Aleph 5 for high, and Aleph X for low.

I just love the future! :D

Greetings, Harry

AndrewT - here is the spreadsheet that you requested. I've included notch and boost EQ calcs, all pass and baffle step as well.

Hope it helps - note that it won't do much good if you have different frequencies set in your MOX, and you'll need to calculate/measure the actual MOX F3 to get a direct transfer.

Bob

Attachments

• xo calcs based on jens rasmussen manuals.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 501
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.