• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX active crossover buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jleaman said:
... I wasted my money...

I'm sorry that you feel like you wasted your money. If you can handle not being totally spoon fed, everything you need to know to set this up is on Jen's site under "active filter one." The regulator section is fairly straightforward, just search for smd parts for the bypass caps and diodes. Use the schematic posted early in the thread to help you figure it out.

If that is beyond what you want to tackle, I'd be happy to take the boards off your hands. Drop me a PM and we'll work out details.

I haven't populated the boards but have built something very close to it on perf. only because I wanted to use up some odd ic's I had laying around...works as it should..it's only a sallen-key xo, the information is everywhere. The boards seem to be a section of Jens filter and look very similiar, and his manual applies almost directly. I too would like a 'spoon-fed' option now and then, saves time when I'm low on it, but I won't be tossing these out, it's still a nice circuit and worth the time to complete.

The lack of response is disconcerning. I ordered and paid for some extra sets of boards and they never came, no response from Tyler. That peeves me a tad, I'm not a penny pincher but I do like getting something for my money...after all, I have to go through a bit of personal hell everyday for it.

JensRasmussen said:
If you read the manual for my active filter one, I'm sure you can get on your way ;)

\Jens

OK I was one of the people who ordered this hoping for a manual.
I have read the manual for the "active filter one" and it is a steep learning curve :xeye:

I have been reading the original schematic and working out which parts of the PCB are which and I think I could work out which components I have to change to get difference frequencies etc but the EQ stuff is a bit beyound me.....so I have some basic questions:

Is the EQ section needed?
Can I just bypass it?
Will I have a flat response curve if I bypass it?

At the moment I just want a flat response like a linkwitz riley XO etc, 2 way, two integrate my DIY subs with my speakers at say 90Hz.....sound OK?

maxw said:

OK I was one of the people who ordered this hoping for a manual.
I have read the manual for the "active filter one" and it is a steep learning curve :xeye:

I have been reading the original schematic and working out which parts of the PCB are which and I think I could work out which components I have to change to get difference frequencies etc but the EQ stuff is a bit beyound me.....so I have some basic questions:

Is the EQ section needed?
Can I just bypass it?
Will I have a flat response curve if I bypass it?

At the moment I just want a flat response like a linkwitz riley XO etc, 2 way, two integrate my DIY subs with my speakers at say 90Hz.....sound OK?

The EQ is not needed
You can just bypass it
Depending on what Q you create your filter with and the system it playes into yes.....

Sorry if my manual is difficult to understand, I posted the info to help, not to make things more difficult for you.

I have emailed Tyler, but there has been no answer yet - I hope he is ok.

\Jens

JensRasmussen said:

The EQ is not needed
You can just bypass it
Depending on what Q you create your filter with and the system it playes into yes.....

Sorry if my manual is difficult to understand, I posted the info to help, not to make things more difficult for you.

I have emailed Tyler, but there has been no answer yet - I hope he is ok.

\Jens

Thanks Jens ;)
Dont get me wrong, it was very helpful of you! I am just new to this side of DIY audio :smash:

Funny, since the thread was so quiet I was just wondering if anyone has any spare boards they want to sell? 2-4 would be great.

Has anyone built the boards up? It seems to me that there is a problem in the negative regulator section. Both the input and the output of the regulator are connected to ground, so the regulator cannot have any effect. If the input is lifted from ground (a little Dremel work) and two independent unregulated supplies are provided it should work.

MaxW - the jumpers are for those who want to use either balanced inputs or a subractive crossover. For unbalanced operation, -in must be jumpered to ground if you want to use the buffer for baffle step correction or other shelving EQ. Otherwise it becomes a unity gain buffer.

Tyler hasn't been heard from in a while. Anbello, I hope that you get the boards you ordered.

BobEllis said:
Funny, since the thread was so quiet I was just wondering if anyone has any spare boards they want to sell? 2-4 would be great.

Has anyone built the boards up? It seems to me that there is a problem in the negative regulator section. Both the input and the output of the regulator are connected to ground, so the regulator cannot have any effect. If the input is lifted from ground (a little Dremel work) and two independent unregulated supplies are provided it should work.

MaxW - the jumpers are for those who want to use either balanced inputs or a subractive crossover. For unbalanced operation, -in must be jumpered to ground if you want to use the buffer for baffle step correction or other shelving EQ. Otherwise it becomes a unity gain buffer.

Tyler hasn't been heard from in a while. Anbello, I hope that you get the boards you ordered.

If you need the "regular" MOX boards I have a stereo set available.

Cheers

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.