• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK Heatsink Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I have found a UK supplier of heatsink extrusion, and I was wondering if there was any interest in a group buy.

This thread is initially for expressions of interest, once I have an idea on numbers, then I can get some prices, set up a Wiki, etc. The manufacturer promises he will be very competitive on price, but at the moment will give no exact costings until he has a better idea of the order.

As well as doing standard flat types, he also does some more interesting shapes, one of which is illustrated below. I would like these, they are just a bit different, and my initial idea, (open to majority decision of course), is to get a quote for 200mm lengths, either black or clear anodised. This seems a good compromise between size and capacity, but of course for higher dissipation amps you could just bolt a couple together.

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,650
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Ok, folks, I got an initial pricing for 24 pieces, black anodised, £20 approx plus vat and delivery to you. If we can get it up to 50, then it will come down to £17.

Ring round your friends! Get more people involved! I'm sure we can get to 50 if we put our minds to it! :)

pinkmouse said:
The manufacturer promises he will be very competitive on price, but at the moment will give no exact costings until he has a better idea of the order.

Well who isn't interested in cheap heatsinks? I understand that no exact price is possible, but it would be nice to know what pricerange we are talking about. Couldn't you get a quote for say 10 pieces so we have a minimum price? It would make it a lot easier to determine wheter theres is solid interest or not.

pinkmouse said:
Ok, folks, I got an initial pricing for 24 pieces, black anodised, £20 approx plus vat and delivery to you. If we can get it up to 50, then it will come down to £17.

Ring round your friends! Get more people involved! I'm sure we can get to 50 if we put our minds to it! :)

Ahh great! Thats what you get for being a slow typer - ignore my previous post.

If we are talking initial interest and I guess we are I would say 4 pieces of the curved 200mm-ones. I have to check the heat dissipation of the ones I originally planned to be using. I really like the curved look though.

Another thing. It is at all worthwhile for me when I live i Denmark. Do you know how much it would cost to ship them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.