• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can get the ztx450, I have the 2sk389 and I will be matching my batch of 2sk170BL.
The Zener is no problem, the IRF9610 also no problem so that´s it.
were the 25 USD for one board or 2 boards?

I can offer the Panasonic caps like the ones used from Pass in the project the 10000uF/50V for 4,65 Euro each and the 3300uF/35V for 1,18 Euro each. Maybe a set for all the electrolytics would be a better idea.
Maybe 25 Euro for all the caps exept the 10uF MKP.

So after Calculating I could offer a Q Pack for 20 Euro.
2 Zeners
2 IRF9610
10 ZTX450
2 2sk389
2 quads of 2SK170BL

I could also organize a Cap Pack with all Caps for the PCB for 44,50 Euro not inlcuding the 10uF MKP.

Also an R Pack with all resistors using the MRS25 low noise Resistors from Vishay and the 2 2W resistors from panasonic for 8,50 Euro

The Heatsink costs 1,70 Euro and the 10 uF MKP Audyn Cap costs 3,70 Euro.

I can make a Price list to download for the prices of separate capacitors and other parts.

transducer said:
Promitheus,

I know that you're organizing a Pearl group buy, but I think the Ono is a much better phono stage. If you decide to produce boards for the Ono, I would definately purchase a set (depending on the price, of course!).

Regards,
Ron

Have you compared the 2 phono stages. I can´t see why the Ono is a lot better than the Pearl. I would say the Pearl is a lot simpler and should be quieter with such a good power supply. It also costs less without the MC option. You can still use MM and high Output MC. If you want to use an MC than you can use a pre-pre with a transformer at the input.

Please Power supply ideas

Buhl mentioned that the pre regulation also needs caps.
Looking at the schematic of the power supply I just saw that you can use a Mainsfilter on the primary side of the Transformer.

I will make a pcb for the power supply so if anybody has any ideas on how this would be best made please post.

I will also order more PCBs for the PSU but not so may as the Pearl ones because you would only one for every two Pearl boards.
Like I said: any ideas?

Pre supply board

Promitheus, I dint think that boards for the pre-regulated supply is that nescecary, the mainsfilter is easily mounted on the inputsocket / ICE or whatever, and the rest is easy done hardwired I think - just my two cents - but mabye others will be interested. I just get the impression, that it should be kinda crude made, and stuffed in a box away from the RIAA boards.

When you say cap-pack, does that also include the smallsignal caps in the riaa eq ? I think those should be wery high quality, as the are in the audio path, and also high tolerences are needed to keep the EQ within 1% - do you have any ideas, mabye the blue form viahay/reoderstein ??
If those also are included - arent we close to at complete kit (minus case and transformer ? - I personally think it is good, and mabye would appeal to the people who dont have the time/energy/possibility to collect all the bits and pieces for themselves - what do "the people" say about that ?? For me, time and energy isnt a problem, but availability of high quality bits and parts is troublesome, as we are a little country, with few DIY'ers - I suspect that those parts are easyer to get your hands on in germany.

Cheers
Hans

The prices I calculated were for the Panasonic Polypropylene Caps from Panasonic like the ones Passdiy suggested. They are 2% but good quality.
I dont know what tolerances they have but there are better ones.
Silvered Mica are a very good choice but they would cost a lot more than the PCBs themselves.

I can´t find any capacitors better as the Panasonic.
The Vishay seem better at 1% but I can´t find them anywhere available. Most have only a few different values and not the whole range.

Actually I could I have a lot of free time ;)

Anyway. What still holds me back is that not so many people are interested.

I guess the Q Pack is needed. It´s not so easy to get those parts. I can do the whole work with precise matching even if it takes long.

I could I guess make a set for the RIAA parts that could be matched for both channels.

I see a problem in the schematic.
What´s wrong with C11 in the RIAA circuit?
The schematic says 0,15uF and the parts list says 15uF.

I think though that should be 150nF or 0,15uF.

Pearl Boards

Promitheus, I think that you are dooing a great job, and I hope that more people would be interested. As for my self, I simply dont have the skill/gear to match the mosfets - so our (me and my friend) project
stands and falls with the Q-pack, so is is simply wonderfull that you are taking the effort do do this job - please add a little something for your effort in the price !

I can say as much as I would order two complete cap-packs, and also two complete R-packs - if are also matched, it would be even greater....

Keep up the very good work - I really hope that more people would notice the possibility to get a "ready to build" top class phono preamp from you !

Cheers
Hans

Well I wont be able to order so many boards a sI thought at the begining so I cant offer them for as cheap as 15 Euro. The price will probably be at around 15 Euro each. The rest of the parts wont be a problem.

The whole package for the boards without Power supply would cost around 108,50 Euro who ever wants could also order the extra 10000uF/50V for the power supply too.

This is all calculating so no orders yet.

So I am back from Easter Vacation.
The boards will be coming soon.
I made a list with parts and prices so if anyone is interested please conatct me with email here:
promitheus@web.de

the boards cost 17,00 Euro ( 22,10 USD), you will need 2 PCBs
Following Packs are for 2 boards.
Q-Packs : 22,00 Euro (28,60 USD) all transistors matched
C-Pack : 36,44 Euro (47,37 USD) all caps, RIAA not included
R-Pack : 6,65 Euro (8,65 USD) all resistors , RIAA not included
RIAA-Pack : 17,65 Euro (22,95 USD), RIAA parts caps and resistors matched.
more info will be sent with email if you are interested.

I made PSU boards and have ordered them.
Each channel has a separate PCB to keep costs down.
The prices have changed a little due to price changes from some parts but more or less are not very different.
You can take a look at the PCB as pdf.

Thanks those who allready ordered. I will be gathering the parts till the end of the month and will be shipping as soon as possible.

Attachments

• pearlpsu.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 678
I have a few photos here of the pcbs and some cool parts I will be using.

Attachments

• pearlparts.jpg
    pearlparts.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,961
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.