• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody.

I just found out that there aren´t any pcbs left at passdiy so I thought it would be a good idea to order PCBs.

If anybody is interested I could order more PCBs and make the price fall.
I need to know how many people are interested in getting PCBS so I can ask for a price offer.

Also I could organize a group buy for parts or maybe for a Parts KIT.
Just post if you are interested.

Pearl boards

I must say that sounds appealing, 15 euro is a nice price I think. I assume that it is good quality fibreglass, plated through holes, and so on ??

You may sign me up for four (4) boards - what are your time horizon on the end of the group buy ?

The Q's would also be a good thing to offer - here in denmark, ztx450 is hard to obtain, vs. 2sk170 (not BL) and 2sk389 is obtainable.
But, the advantage would be if prices could be lowered if many Q's was orderd at the same time ??
What do you estimate a complete Qpac would run to ?

Cheers !
Hans

The quality is like the original boards. Double sided with contact through holes, solder stop on both sides and component print on top.
1,5mm pcb.

What was in the Q pack inkluded?
The transistors only or what more?

For the 10uF PP caps I would propose 10uF 400V MKP-QS Audyn Caps from Intertechnik. I use them all the time and they are one of the best caps around. They cost 3,87 Euro but I think I could get them for 3,60 Euro.

Well I have to wait 1-2 weeks and than its going to take 2 more weeks at least till the boards are ready. so I guess if all goes well I can start sending the boards next month.

Pearl boards ?

Jaume, I think you would want two boards, as I se it, one boards contaions one channel, so for stereo, you need two boards. I orderd four boards, as Im making a stereo RIAA for my self, and one for a friend.

Promitheus, i assume, that when it is the original gerberfiles used from Pass Labs, the surface would also be groundplane on your boards ?
I didnt know that the 2sk170 needed to be matched !!! - this is a real bugger I think, as it requires some skill - is it something that you could do - against payment of course - so that a complete Qpack could be offerd - with matched transistors (2sk170) ?
Considered the skill needed to match the small fets, I think this groupbuy would have the greatest appeal if a matched Qpack could be offered.

I think the specs on the board looks fine - and the time schedule is also good.

The 10uF I think, is not as vital to offer, as most people use crossover components, witch is available in I think all parts of the small world.
But again, 3,7 Euro (dont you call it "teuro"...? hehe) is cheap.....

cheers

Hans

Pearl boards

The Qs used in the Pearl (one channel only) is:

- 1 pcs. IRF 9610
- 1 pcs. 2SK389
- 4 pcs. 2SK170Bl - matched in quad
- 5 pcs. ZTX 450 - if this device is not important, another N-chnl. device can be used, eg. 2N2222 ??

I dont know weather the Zener was included, but I have a hard time loacting it, so it would be nice if included.

Is the "BL" extention on the 2SK170 important - some have it, others dont - is it the same device ??

Another thing, my price on the 50V/10000uF is 4,8 Euro for a generic type - no panasonic or another fancy brand - and each RIAA needs at least 8 of the - three on each board, and two in the unregulated supply - that means that I will need a total of 16 of them = 76 Euros...... Do you have a source for those that are cheaper ??
What about the 3300 uF - they are 1,25 euro here, and 8 is needed pr. RIAA, witch means I need a total of 16 of them also.

I dont know what the original Qpack costed, mabye some of the other guys in the forum can remember ??

Cheers !
Hans

- 5 pcs. ZTX 450 - if this device is not important, another N-chnl. device can be used, eg. 2N2222 ??
Here is 2 nice substitutes from Onsemi: MPS6602* and MPSW01A*. If you register and fill up your samples quota you will have plenty of bang for the buck
;)
Is the "BL" extention on the 2SK170 important - some have it, others dont - is it the same device ??
You have to use the BL version. The other versions have other values.

How much did the q pack frm passdiy cost?

25USD.:)

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.