• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
new Pearl is born

Finally I finished my work! I bought the boards from Promitheus more than one year ago.

The Pearl has very low noise and the Roksan Chorus Black cartridge (6,5 mVolt) sounds very dynamic and focalized.

I would to thank (one more time) Nelson and Wayne for their support to the diyer comunity.

Ciao
Peppe

P.S. Yes, the psu is on the same box... but it works marvelously....

Attachments

• pearl-3.jpg
    pearl-3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 610
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I would also like to thank Promitheus for putting together this exceptional group buy, and Nelson and Wayne at Pass Labs for making the Pearl and Ono available to the DIY community! My Pearl/Ono phono preamp sounds wonderful -- detailed, clean, and beautifully resolving. It's currently paired with my Aleph 1.2 monoblocks and a Rowland Coherence One, but the Rowland should be replaced in the next few months by the Aleph P that is slowly being completed on my workbench.

Great stuff! Here are a few pictures.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• pearl rear top 112507.jpg
    pearl rear top 112507.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 629
Joined 2004
Paid Member
culture:

Yes, the enclosures are from HiFi2000 -- the Pearl/ Ono is in a Slimline chassis (with the 10mm front panel) and the power supply is in a Galaxy Maggiorato box (also w/ a 10mm front panel). I have an identical set of enclosures for the Aleph P 1.7 that I am building.

The rear panels were drilled, etched and colored by the folks at Front Panel Express. I am thrilled with the way those panels turned out, and will be using FPE again for the Aleph P. It probably bears mentioning that the Pearl/Ono panels look far better than my photos suggest.

Regards,
Scott

For those interested the MC Pre KIT is sold out but alot of people are interested.
Could those interested in the MC PRe post here in this thread or send me Email.
I will make a list and if there is enough interest I will put together MC-Pre KITs.
These will only be sold as a KIT and I wont be selling Parts because this is too complicated and takes a lot of time.
The 2SK170BL will be matched and the parts will be of high quality like last time.
so please let me if you are interested.

promitheus said:
For those interested the MC Pre KIT is sold out but alot of people are interested.
Could those interested in the MC PRe post here in this thread or send me Email.
I will make a list and if there is enough interest I will put together MC-Pre KITs.
These will only be sold as a KIT and I wont be selling Parts because this is too complicated and takes a lot of time.
The 2SK170BL will be matched and the parts will be of high quality like last time.
so please let me if you are interested.

Also interested. You should start a new group buy thread for maximum views, and recap the details so people don't have to read through the whole thread. Thanks,

Chris

SRMcGee said:
Yes, the enclosures are from HiFi2000 -- the Pearl/ Ono is in a Slimline chassis (with the 10mm front panel) and the power supply is in a Galaxy Maggiorato box (also w/ a 10mm front panel). I have an identical set of enclosures for the Aleph P 1.7 that I am building.

The rear panels were drilled, etched and colored by the folks at Front Panel Express. I am thrilled with the way those panels turned out, and will be using FPE again for the Aleph P. It probably bears mentioning that the Pearl/Ono panels look far better than my photos suggest.

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

Which size enclosures did you use? Also, what are the differences between the slimline and the galaxy (besides price).

Did you send your back panel to FPE for drilling, etc. or did you get another one from them that you, then, used instead of the one that cam with the enclosure?

Lastly, did you order directly from Hifi2000 and, if so, how long did it take them to deliver it.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.