• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Anyone interested in Linkwitz Transform boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm designing one for myself and again have decided to offer it to others who may be looking for something similar. I haven't decided yet whether I'll offer a "kit" yet or offer just a bare PCB. I'm trying to gauge interest to see how many boards I should order. Bare boards are $12 in prototype quantities.

You can find details here:
http://www.robcheng.com

Click on ELECTRONICS and then LINKWITZ TRANSFORM

PS: The web site is new and still in development. Sometimes links may not work if I'm actively updating it.

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
Maxhawk:

You should seriously consider not using frames on your website. Also, you devote excess space for your logo and side menu. The scrolling frame that remains is too small to be used to present product or information.

Hmm, I run 1600x1200 at home and at work so I guess I haven't noticed. I'll make a point to check it at a lower resolution to see if anything is out of proportion. Thanks for the tip.

--Rob

KT said:
I'm assuming these are the boards used for building an Orion type speaker?

If so, I'm interested in a set or two- depending on final price, of course.

Best,
KT

This circuit is not specifically for the Orion since it doesn't contain the EQ for the dipole driver. It only equalizes the low bass. This would be used by folks who are building a sealed box subwoofer who want more extension or control of Qtc from too small an enclosure.

--Rob

KT said:
I'm assuming these are the boards used for building an Orion type speaker?

If so, I'm interested in a set or two- depending on final price, of course.

Best,
KT

You can find Orion crossover boards at:

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/DIY products.htm

HIGHLY recommended, and quite reasonably priced considering the boards are about 7" by 9" each. The circuit board set documentation does assume you have the necessary electronic skills to calculate the Rs and Cs.

Francois.

Here's pricing...

$12 for just the PCB, or $25 for the kit.

"Kit" means all the parts EXCEPT:

Transformer
Opamps
Resistors/Caps for LT and subsonic filter

I won't include these R's and C's because they will be different for every application. It's 8 resistors and 6 caps.

$5 shipping (US only)

Add $1.17 for Paypal fees (2.9% + 0.30).

So one kit will be $25 + $5 + $1.17 = $31.17. Just the PCB would be $12 + 5 + .79 = $17.79.

Getting parts from me saves you $5.

I currently have a limited supply of extra boards. If it turns out there is a lot of interest, I can order more boards.

Please email me directly if interested.

-Rob

It's listed in the BOM on my page, but I'll repeat it here to save people the trouble:

Transformer: Amveco TE70012, Digikey P/N TE70012-ND $10.76

Opamps: Burr-Bron OPA2134PA, Digikey P/N OPA2134PA-ND $2.63

You can use just about any dual opamp. The OPA2604 would work fine, TL072, and there are a bunch of National and Analog Devices parts that will work too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.