Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th January 2005, 06:50 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DynamiCap / Auricap

Anyone interested in starting a DynamiCap & or, Auricap, Group buy??
Old 19th October 2005, 12:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Irwin AR
Dynamicap is definitely of interest.
Old 25th October 2005, 02:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Smile Dynamicap / AuriCap Group Buy

Hello, Irwin AR You know, since I posted original thought, I measured the cap space on my ARC-VT60 Printed Citcuit Board and have found that the damn DYNAMICAPS are too LARGE!! The AuriCaps however, "do fit"! But, I guess this does not really fit you. I Truely wish that the DynamiCap could fit snug, flat on my board as it would be my first choice. However, as I've heard the Auricap stands a close "second", I'd like to try them. By the way. As I write, I am listening to a rather Wonderful thing! My Kenwood KT-8300 Tuner, that "Eight Days ago", I swaped-out the Output Coupling Electrolytics, the 47uf's, for a pr. of ELNA "Silmic II's" and after some 190 hrs - straight, "Tuner left-on, "tuned to station", all other equip. off, these babies are "FINALLY", sounding "really" good!! When I first placed them, IMMEDIATELY noticed the sound to be more open. Definately, greater soundstage! Bass went deeper however, that "silk" top-end, was NOT quite "all-that". Before Caps are truely "burned-in", they sound kinda "Tin-canny".. Over the days,
I've listened very closely and after four days, "96 hrs", you start to hear a difference but, not until 8-days, do you really begin to hear these caps "settling"! They are becomming "Very-Neutral"!!
And they are "much" faster than I could have expected. I think, do to the leakage with older caps, they tend to kinda sound warm however, they are slow and recessed. "I am finally, truely liking these capacitors"... Gaincell
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Update on two fronts! First, I did finally get the DynamiCaps to fit into the amp. Had to shift the lead positions alittle but, this was the trick. Second, the silmic II's in my KT8300 wound up NOT being the BEST output caps. The BlackGates ARE FAR SUPERIOR!
The silmic's are nowhere as balanced in tonal performance..
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:55 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

So what's the story of the GB...how much you actually intend to buy and how much we can save here????
Old 12th February 2012, 07:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

hi gaincell , is there any way I could PM you in regards to a kef 105.1 speaker?
Thanks.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:58 PM   #7
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Partsconnexion has Auricap at 40% sale right now... I bought a few!

Hide this!Advertise here!