• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DynamiCap / Auricap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dynamicap / AuriCap Group Buy

Hello, Irwin AR You know, since I posted original thought, I measured the cap space on my ARC-VT60 Printed Citcuit Board and have found that the damn DYNAMICAPS are too LARGE!! The AuriCaps however, "do fit"! But, I guess this does not really fit you. I Truely wish that the DynamiCap could fit snug, flat on my board as it would be my first choice. However, as I've heard the Auricap stands a close "second", I'd like to try them. By the way. As I write, I am listening to a rather Wonderful thing! My Kenwood KT-8300 Tuner, that "Eight Days ago", I swaped-out the Output Coupling Electrolytics, the 47uf's, for a pr. of ELNA "Silmic II's" and after some 190 hrs - straight, "Tuner left-on, "tuned to station", all other equip. off, these babies are "FINALLY", sounding "really" good!! When I first placed them, IMMEDIATELY noticed the sound to be more open. Definately, greater soundstage! Bass went deeper however, that "silk" top-end, was NOT quite "all-that". Before Caps are truely "burned-in", they sound kinda "Tin-canny".. Over the days,
I've listened very closely and after four days, "96 hrs", you start to hear a difference but, not until 8-days, do you really begin to hear these caps "settling"! They are becomming "Very-Neutral"!!
And they are "much" faster than I could have expected. I think, do to the leakage with older caps, they tend to kinda sound warm however, they are slow and recessed. "I am finally, truely liking these capacitors"... Gaincell

Update on two fronts! First, I did finally get the DynamiCaps to fit into the amp. Had to shift the lead positions alittle but, this was the trick. Second, the silmic II's in my KT8300 wound up NOT being the BEST output caps. The BlackGates ARE FAR SUPERIOR!
The silmic's are nowhere as balanced in tonal performance..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.