Group Buy: High quality pots - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2005, 08:19 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

>>> Watch out, we might need a group buy from Indonesia!!

Old 13th January 2005, 05:35 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grege
I believe Electus Distribution is Jaycar's distributor so you get exactly the same product for less if you have a ABN. (Australian Business Number)

http://www1.electusdistribution.com....m=CAT&SPECIAL=
The US$ pricing at Jaycar is half that of the posting from Electus Distributors.

Could you find out what shipping options cost to the US?
Old 14th January 2005, 05:30 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Regarding the Alpha pot that I use,

It looks like Sherman, in his moded SI digital amp, use the same pot as mine:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...012#post550012

So it must be available in US as well.

Give it a try... when you able to found it...

REgards,
---
David
Old 15th January 2005, 02:47 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrlots2do

The US$ pricing at Jaycar is half that of the posting from Electus Distributors.

Could you find out what shipping options cost to the US?
I looks like it would be significantly cheaper for me to buy from Jaycar US?

You don't get the real prices until you have a Electus account. I can't imagine the prices actually being better than the US prices plus the postage would be significant.
Old 15th January 2005, 04:27 AM   #25
zBuff is offline zBuff  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Funny about those prices and the Jaycar US prices being so much cheaper, I noticed that too a while ago, emailed them about it. via the Australian email and the New Zealand one, no reply.

Considering Jaycar is an Australian company and all. Maybe there suppliers are US? but judging by the prices it looks like they've never changed the exchange conversion rate on their site since over 2 years ago.

Let me know if you manage to order via the US site to get it delivered to an Australian address, they don't seem to allow it, insisting you go to your regional site.

You would think going through Electus Distribution would be even cheaper than the US 100+ quantity Jaycar price. Which reminds me I should really get an account with Electus.

I'd be in on any group buy of pots around the sub $20 USD price range.
Old 15th January 2005, 03:05 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grege

I looks like it would be significantly cheaper for me to buy from Jaycar US?

You don't get the real prices until you have a Electus account. I can't imagine the prices actually being better than the US prices plus the postage would be significant.
I was nosing around Jaycar site and found they're prefered shipping method for international is Fedex airmail. So off to Fedex I went, I plugged in Jaycar's zipcode and mine. Your not going to like this. A 10 pound 9"x12"x8" package is nearly $200 USD. The component final pricing would need to be adjusted due to shipping cost yet would still be very reasonable.

On the good side, We could get a hugh amount of small stuff in a package that size.

100 - misc. 9mm dual gang log/linear pots
100 - misc. 16mm dual gang log/linear pots
100 - misc. multi turn trimpots
100 - 40 pin dual inline jumpers
100 - 2way PCB mount screw terminals
100 - 3way PCB mount screw terminals
100 - 5amp 12way screw terminal strips
100 - 10amp 12way screw terminal strips
200 - misc 3mm and 5mm led's and clips

These are just a few items that I thought would be a good group buy. What items would everyone else like to see in a buy.

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaycar parts.jpg (71.6 KB, 297 views)
Old 15th January 2005, 03:13 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrlots2do

I was nosing around Jaycar site and found they're prefered shipping method for international is Fedex airmail. So off to Fedex I went, I plugged in Jaycar's zipcode and mine. Your not going to like this. A 10 pound 9"x12"x8" package is nearly $200 USD. The component final pricing would need to be adjusted due to shipping cost yet would still be very reasonable.

On the good side, We could get a hugh amount of small stuff in a package that size.

These are just a few items that I thought would be a good group buy. What items would everyone else like to see in a buy.
One other thing!

Australia's international shipping cost are sharply changed by weight and package size. Jaycar states final delivered costs will not be determined until packaged. So I guess we play roulette on final adjusted part costs to group buy participants.

I still think the final pricing will be reasonable. Anyone think not!
Phil
Old 19th January 2005, 01:35 AM   #28
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yldouright Send a message via Yahoo to yldouright
Hey guys, it looks like there has been a breakthrough in the PEC carbon pot deal. Price is now $14 for 250 units. I'm in for 4 of those pots at that price but will reserve until then. I don't know who has taken over the deal but it looks like BrianGT rolled this strike
Old 19th January 2005, 04:40 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default 10k audio log dual pot

Get some Alps 10k dual audio log surplus(new old stock) motor run on 5 to9 vdc (if needed). Use two for balanced,for a 20k: go for a quality resistor in serie(15k-20k) and this pot across.
Only 12$ each, take 20 for 10$ each,take 50 for 9$ each and take
100 for 8$ each. Non inductive resistors 15k at 1.50$ each. Also lot of dual pot dual shaft 50k ,100k alps new old stock .
Old 19th January 2005, 06:05 AM   #30
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Even for only 100 units the PEC Carbons will be $21-25 certainly a big improvement. Probably only in one value, probably 25k ohms probably at least a month for them to be made. Come join us if you need some upscale pots. So far we don't have enough people to order 100 .

Hide this!Advertise here!