• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: High quality pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
However, in general, dual carbon pots don't seem to track between channels as well as othe types
The question is, do they track better than our hands and ears? I don't really know, since I have never tried any dual ganged pots... all I know is that it's pretty annoying to have to move two knobs simultaneously to change the volume on my GC. :dead:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have an amp with 2 knobs and it IS annoying.
I have a gainclone with a badly tracking pot and it is annoying and frustrating because you can't fix it when one channel is louder than the other

I guess a solution is to have 2 pots with a belt or other connection
that can slip, connecting them.

Whoa! I just clicked on the part number on the cat . page and the description is for a CARBON pot - well I guess they are carbon after all!

Variac said:
Whoa! I just clicked on the part number on the cat . page and the description is for a CARBON pot - well I guess they are carbon after all!

Yep. But they look a bit different than the Taiwan Alphas that have been mentioned before on this message board. For one they, they don't have the forest green casing. Mouser has a little note about them on the product page...and I quote:

24mm POTENTIOMETERS

The marking on the back plate has been changed on the 24mm
Rotary Potentiometers. In the past, the potentiometers were
marked with the MOUSER name stamped into the metal case.
Current parts are stamped with the ALPHA name or logo. There
is no change in form, fit, or function in the application of
these parts.

The 24mm potentiometers are delivered with one(1) hex nut
and one(1) washer. There is additional hardware available
from stock. Stock number for the hex nut is 48AN008. Stock
number for the flat washer is 48CW008.

I guess they might have a deal with Taiwan Alpha for pots produced specifically for mouser. I couldn't find any product info about the 24mm dual ganged carbon pots on TA's site, nor anywhere else on the internet. It seems like only mouser carries this specific model. Jaycar has things like it, but only in the 9mm range. In any case I'll probably be using them in my pre-amp. You really can't beat the price. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.