• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SYDNEY users - Sub Amp Module - 300W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I am sure most(some) or us have seen one of these modules before. They are resold from Jaycar for $399.

Here are their specs:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is our top-of-the-line subwoofer amplifier module. As well as a phase reversal switch, Hi & Lo inputs, Hi & Lo outputs and an 'auto-on' function, this module features infrared remote control of both volume and crossover frequency. Now you can easily adjust the amp's output from anywhere in the room, making it ideal for adjusting the optimum settings from your favourite listening chair.
- Level control
- Phase control
- Variable crossover frequency
- Line level input
- Hi level input
- Auto on/off sensing

Specifications
- Continuos output power: 350 watts RMS into 4 ohms & 240 watts RMS into 8 ohms
- Frequency response: 20 to 160 Hz
- Adjustable crossover: 50Hz to 160Hz
- THD: <0.1% - S/N ratio: >95db
- Bass boost: 6db @ 35Hz
- Input sensitivity @ max vol.: 120mV, Line out: 200mV @ max vol.
- Power: 240V 50Hz
- Module cutout approx 240W x 285mmH
- Remote receiver cutout 125W x 65Hmm.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking to organise a group buy from a supplier of these modules which would mean that we will get them somewhere around the $AUS230-260 mark or even cheaper!!!

Anyone interested please express your interest here.

The only reason this is aimed at Sydney users only is due to the fact that I will need each individual person to pick them up rather than shipping them(because they weigh a lot)!!

Attachments

• productlarge_61.jpg
    productlarge_61.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 422
***********NEWS**************

I just confirmed the price for this module, and if we purchase 4 or more the price comes down to AU$205.

Now that's cheap!

I have seen this module run TWO subs (MTX 12" & JBL 10") and it still had more power than the subs could handle.

I’m in Melbourne and could be interested in two. I come to Sydney (my old home town) sometimes, so freight is not an issue.

I wonder what’s the lowest ohms it will handle? I'd guess about 3 ohms?

Jye I may look on eBay as well – what’s the make & model.
And have you compared it’s sound to any other amps (not just plate - eg a 200 w home theatre amp)?

Cheers

Richard

I'm curious as I'd like to use this to power my forthcoming small bass guitar combo-thing as I have a tiny preamp and PS for the onboard electronics and building the amp into the back of the enclosure would make it very compact. It won't be run that hard as the speaker is 98dB.

I wonder if the filter can easily be bypassed?
For that price it's a worthwhile gamble though.

Good price there, Brett!

I had a look at these, but I couldn't go with the 6dB of boost at 35Hz. I'm going to go for the Rythmik Audio 350W special edition instead - which is $199 + about $44 (slow boat) postage. Works out to around $320 in Aussie dollars.

Rick, I don't know whether they would offer a discount for multiple orders, but I could ask.

Sorry if this is a little off-thread, but I haven't seen many Australian group buys and I thought a word of congrats was in order.

Yes guys, these are trade prices.

However I found out that we have to add GST to the final price so $205 + 20.50 = 225.50. Still not bad though.

Everyone that wants one could you please e-mail me at

zok1@iinet.net.au.

Thanks.

Rick, the JAYCAR stock code is correct.

And if you do come to Sydney, when are you planning on comming next?

Once again, email me if you are expressing interest so I know for sure.

I see the Rythmik Audio amps have caps (though 27000uF isn’t a huge amount for a sub), I wonder if Jaycar amps do? They’d definitely be useful.

Brett,
The Rythmik do seem better. What have you heard about these amps/ why did you choose them?

I think the benefit in going from 250 w to 350 w is unlikely to be really noticed. I think it would be better to put money into the optional Linkwitz Transform add-on board.

Will have a good look at the site etc tonight

Cheers

It depends on how long you're willing to wait...

Surface mail for 20 pounds is about USD$41, airmail for the same package is pretty close to your guess, about USD$91. If you get 2, then it's $67 for slow-mail and $167 for quick mail. As the weight limit is 44 pounds for USPS you can't get any better options unless Rythmik have a pet International courier. I think Brian, from Rythmik, has an id on this forum.

As I spent quite a few months waiting for some drivers from Nick at Lambda when they were running, I think I could probably afford the wait, which is supposed to be 4-6 weeks (although from my book buying expliots, I've had stuff arrive in less than 2).

I did ask Brian about 250v/50Hz power, and he said that the module was switchable (I think it's the red switch on the lower right of the back panel). He also said it should be able to drive a 3 Ohm load - I'm going to have 2 x 6 Ohm speakers wired in parallel, so I thought I should ask.

P.S. Yes, I do live in the 'land of the free' - Melbourne, to be exact. It's just that the price of freedom is expensive...

rick57 said:
D_GR8_1

"The Jaycar amps have 4 x 6800uF = 27000uF"

That wasn't on their site - do you have access to more complete specs? If so, can you post the extra info here

Thanks

Actually I called JAYCAR and one of the salesman checked for me. :clown:

Cloth Ears -> For some reason I thought you were from the US, that's why I said "land of the free"! :D

As for the Rythmik amps, I dont tend to buy products where you cannot claim warranty in AUS. It becomes tedious. My friend bought a GForce Ultra 6800 from US and he was shipping it back and forth for warranty purposes.

i can vouch for the quality of these plate amps. they are pretty decent.
mr joe rasmussen uses them in his critical Q sub, and there is a page on how to change corner frequency and turn off boost if you so wish:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~joeras/critical_q_sub_amp_changes.htm

there has been a few changes in the later models since, and there are now 4x6800uF caps on board as mentioned above as opposed to the original two. i would also upgrade the "bell wire" cable that goes from the board to the remote control front panel.

i hope i dont mean to be rude, but i have two of these in their original boxes, tested but never used, for sale here in Perth for the same price. they weigh 7kg in their boxes so postage would be around $20. but obviously if you live close to sydney that would be the best option.

ta

Attachments

• jaycar350.jpg
    jaycar350.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 203
**********MORE NEWS**********

I just spoke to AUDIO AUSTRALIA about these amps. These guys are located in MENAI, SYDNEY.

I managed to negotiate a deal if we purchase 4-5 amps at $200 inc GST plus shipping, which would be another $3-4 per amp.

So come on guys, start showing a bit more interest!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.