• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Supply Main Components Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I contacted Avel Lindberg about their toroidal transformers. We can get a break on a group purchase of a mixed lot of standard toroidal transformers in any standard configuration. Following are the initial prices:

250 VA $36.50 USD
330 VA $43.50
500 VA $58.00
625 VA $63.00
800 VA $66.50
1000 VA $78.00

Secondary voltages are available in 25 V, 30 V, 35 V, 40 V, 45 V, 55 V, or 110 V. The 250 VA size also has 12 V or 18 V.

Smaller transformers are also available, i.e. anything from their standard Y23 line.

I think this might be a good opportunity to get exactly the specs you want at a discount of already very competitive prices.

Here is the web page with the options:

http://www.avellindberg.com/transformers/y23_range_specs.htm

We could couple these with an order to Apex Jr. who has 12,000 uF 50V Caps for as low as $1.29. The also have some great deals on larger caps, knobs, terminals, resistors, etc.

http://www.apexjr.com/new.htm

I'm thinking about getting this going quickly. I have a premium PayPal account and am verified by PayPal. I am fairly local to Avel so I would be picking these up to save on the shipping. If you combine a transformer with light parts (caps, resistors, knobs, etc) from Avel you would only have to pay actual USPS priority Mail shipping cost once, from US Zip Code 11729. So instead of two shipping and handling fees, there would be one and no minimum purchase which is necessary at Apex Jr.

email me if you might be interested:

ds@acadcomponents.com

David

I've been corresponding with one guy from the forum and we are thinking about making the transformers Hammond since they have a 22 volt option, apparently good for the GainClones. Also, they have some pretty nice enclosures, table top and rack mount. We'll post some more info in a day or two.

David

DSchmidt said:
Following are the initial prices:

250 VA $36.50 USD
330 VA $43.50
500 VA $58.00
625 VA $63.00
800 VA $66.50
1000 VA $78.00

Secondary voltages are available in 25 V, 30 V, 35 V, 40 V, 45 V, 55 V, or 110 V. The 250 VA size also has 12 V or 18 V.

Smaller transformers are also available, i.e. anything from their standard Y23 line.

Jason Watts (member) has competitive pricing, he is an authorized Partsexpress reseller. Might be a good idea of asking for his pricing.

I'm interested in tranny's usa 19020
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.