• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sjöström Diamond Buffer group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At the moment there are a couple of Diamond buffer pcb's, my QRV-05 , Glassman's, AMZ-FX's and even more (somebody may fresh up my memory). All these implementations are different. 100% SMD, 90% SMD, 0% SMD, with cascodes and without.

First: I have absolutely no need for a diamond buffer

Second: This small deisgn is fun and easy to make good

Third: This is a small project, I like that.

Fourth: I feel like doing a good nice looking hole mounted pcb.

The design will be exactly as my QRV_05 but with both positive and negative current sources at the input, according to Bruno's input in this matter.

Design goal:

* High performance, best as possible, therefor usage of cascodes.

* Use as few different parts as possible

* All resistors 400 mils between pins (or do you prefer an even smaller pcb with standing resistors?)

* Three pairs of output transistors, consisting of TO92 types

* Pcb will be in a 4 pcs. panel.

How big may the pcb be? What is the limit?

What do you say?

First of all: It's not an amplifier, OK an amplifier with the gain of nearly 1, 0.95-0.999. The main usage is to have it between an opamp or some other kind of amplifier with a weak output stage and a rather heavy load. The buffer can be used within or outside a feedback loop. The buffer has also current sources at the input for creating class A mode of the opamp.

This was on old thread but is there any interest for a group buy today? Back then the pcb was double sided, now the pcb has four layers and the size is nearly half the size.
qrv05r0_overview.jpg

ssb01r0_overview.jpg

Documentation

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.