Fountek Ribbons Group Buy (Europe, but maybe not only Europe?) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2004, 07:48 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

wingman, I apologise to you once again, I know you had a real interest and I unterstand you must be at least as disappointed as I am...
The point is, besides the fact that the response to the group buy has been very low, there' s been also some remarks (especially in private mails) I did not like at all. To cut a long story short, looks like some people thought I am a dealer and tried to negotiate the price, or remarked that I would have been the only one getting those ribbons for a total price of 95$, while all the others should have paid on top of it the shipping costs... well, this last thing is true, but I can' t do anything for that.
I want to point out something: I am not a Fountek dealer. I have my full-time job (where 'full-time' means 55-60 hrs./week), and I was not going to get any benefit from this group buy (besides the small advantage mentioned above). Organising a group buy is quite time-consuming, I just finished organising another one for some DAC chips; it has been a good experience, and I am glad I did it, but I ended up having too many chips laying around because some people who signed up suddenly withdrew or disappeared; it' s alright, I believe in the long run I will resell those chips, and anyway we' re not talking big money. I just would not like the same to happen with these ribbons.

Let' s do it like this: I will keep this group buy up and running for another week (until 24th October). If, until this date, the minimum quantity (20 pcs. including my 2 ones) will be achieved, I will ask all of you who expressed an interest to transfer me the money until 31st October. Only then, and only if I will have received payments for at least 18 pcs. (2 pcs. would be for myself), I will place the order to the manufacturer. Otherwise, the group buy will be definitely cancelled.

Cheers,

Bruno
Old 18th October 2004, 07:54 PM   #22
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bruno...

Quote:
I believe in the long run I will resell those chips
What chips? You can always put them in Trading post since you are not a dealer.

Regards,
Bas
Old 18th October 2004, 08:08 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi Bas,

it' s these chips:
TDA1541A group buy

Cheers,

Bruno
Old 19th October 2004, 07:51 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Bump!
Old 20th October 2004, 07:26 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Looks like not many people like those ribbons...
Old 20th October 2004, 09:03 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

hate to be a PITA, but it' s just 4 days left...

Cheers,

Bruno
Old 21st October 2004, 07:59 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Only three days left and no reactions...

Cheers,

Bruno
Old 21st October 2004, 08:05 PM   #28

Hi Bruno,

Don't think it is that many people don't like the ribbons...

But many will allready have projects going on or planning something else...like myself...I have spent 180 on Focal tweeters a year ago...I still have to build something with them...

Regards,
Bas
Old 21st October 2004, 08:09 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Hi Bas,

yes, I understand that... well, all I can say is that it' s a pity to miss this opportunity...

Cheers,

Bruno
Old 21st October 2004, 08:16 PM   #30

Quote:
that it' s a pity to miss this opportunity...
Yes it is..but I could barely contain myself once again...whenever there is a groupbuy I have this urge to join the frenzy!!

But reading pinkmouse's response brough back some sanity...usually because the groupbuy's are paypal driven...I tag along...but you know the paypal account is linked to a credit card most of the time....and tends to get me in trouble...and just like pinkmouse...i had to face the fact that just don't have the money..

Hide this!Advertise here!