• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fountek Ribbons Group Buy (Europe, but maybe not only Europe?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

wingman, I apologise to you once again, I know you had a real interest and I unterstand you must be at least as disappointed as I am...
The point is, besides the fact that the response to the group buy has been very low, there' s been also some remarks (especially in private mails) I did not like at all. To cut a long story short, looks like some people thought I am a dealer and tried to negotiate the price, or remarked that I would have been the only one getting those ribbons for a total price of 95$, while all the others should have paid on top of it the shipping costs... well, this last thing is true, but I can' t do anything for that.
I want to point out something: I am not a Fountek dealer. I have my full-time job (where 'full-time' means 55-60 hrs./week), and I was not going to get any benefit from this group buy (besides the small advantage mentioned above). Organising a group buy is quite time-consuming, I just finished organising another one for some DAC chips; it has been a good experience, and I am glad I did it, but I ended up having too many chips laying around because some people who signed up suddenly withdrew or disappeared; it' s alright, I believe in the long run I will resell those chips, and anyway we' re not talking big money. I just would not like the same to happen with these ribbons.

Let' s do it like this: I will keep this group buy up and running for another week (until 24th October). If, until this date, the minimum quantity (20 pcs. including my 2 ones) will be achieved, I will ask all of you who expressed an interest to transfer me the money until 31st October. Only then, and only if I will have received payments for at least 18 pcs. (2 pcs. would be for myself), I will place the order to the manufacturer. Otherwise, the group buy will be definitely cancelled.

Cheers,

Bruno

that it' s a pity to miss this opportunity...
Yes it is..but I could barely contain myself once again...whenever there is a groupbuy I have this urge to join the frenzy!! ;)

But reading pinkmouse's response brough back some sanity...usually because the groupbuy's are paypal driven...I tag along...but you know the paypal account is linked to a credit card most of the time....and tends to get me in trouble...and just like pinkmouse...i had to face the fact that just don't have the money.. :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.