• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X pcb groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sander said:
Hi,

Gold plated looks fine to me. It probably only improve the looks, and the price isn't that much higher.

Does somebody know good information about a Power supply for the Aleph X? If read many many threads but I can't properly select good psu from bad psu's. I'm planning on ~75W in 4 Ohms. CLC, CRC, etc? :xeye:

Did you look in the Wiki? An Aleph-X is not a good project for people new to DIY. From the 1400 boards sold the last two group buys only a handfull are completed.

Off-topic,

waarom quote je Einstein in het Nederlands? En helemaal lekker loopt die zin ook niet...

Taco said:

Did you look in the Wiki? An Aleph-X is not a good project for people new to DIY. From the 1400 boards sold the last two group buys only a handfull are completed.

Off-topic,

waarom quote je Einstein in het Nederlands? En helemaal lekker loopt die zin ook niet...

I did read the wiki, but somehow I overlooked it. :xeye: There's indeed lots of information about psu's, in the Wiki. I need just some basic information to get started. Thanks.

I'm not new to DIY and elektronics. When the amp is finished you'll see the results. Instead of judging members by their first appearance, you better judge them on results and contributes to this forum. But, ok. :)

Offtopic:

Euh..because I'm dutch? This sentence is grammatical perfectly in balance. It's also stated like this in many dutch books. So, I don't get the point why you even bother...

Sander,

The aleph x requires output transistors in multiple of 4 depending on the amount of output power you want to transfer to your load. The output power is governed by the rail voltages and how many output transistors you use to transfer the power to the load. There is a spreadsheet called the AXE-1 that will calculate what voltage rails and number of output transistors will get you the power output you desire. The spreadsheet is somewhere here on the forum and a search will easily turn it up. The thing you will have to be careful of however, is heat dissipation, as the Aleph X at 100 watts needs heatsinks that will dissipate over 280 watts of heat per channel. Real large heatsinks, huge toroidal transformers and alot of tweaking are a fact of life with this amp, but you will be rewarded in spades with wonderful sound. I hope this helps.

irfp240

If you can buy the irfp240 out of the same wafer, the spread is minimal. A tube of 25 had the following spread:
3.969 3.989 3.998 4.013
3.978 3.991 3.998 4.016
3.984 3.992 4.000 4.017
3.986 3.994 4.001 4.017
3.988 3.994 4.001
3.988 3.996 4.003
3.988 3.997 4.011

So all fets out of the tube are within 50 mV.

If you buy just a bunch of fets I've experienced 300 mV difference in as little as 16 fets.
So my advice: Buy at least one tube at the time!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.