• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another TDA1541A Group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

well, looks like many of you already got the chips :D

I would just ask all of you a favor: to let me know if/when you got them, and also your thought about the group donation... so far the response has been totally in favour of it, but still I' m missing the opinion of approx. half of the participants to the group buy.
So, please, drop me a line (here or by mail).

Cheers,

Bruno

Carondimonio said:
Ciao Andrea,

hmmm... your proposal is seducing...
The point is, I got some other requests via e-mail, and I will still wait a couple of days for the confirmation... If these people won' t get back to me, I guess we can make the deal:D
(another project... my wife will :smash: :smash: :smash: me...)

Cheers,

Bruno

Any news Bruno?

Ciao

Andrea

Update

Hi all,

here a short update:

After having some trouble with my paypal account, I finally was able to make the donation to Diyaudio, in the name of all the participants to this group buy.

I still have a few of extra chips laying around so, if anybody is interested... drop me a line!:D

I also decided to buy those NOS 1541A (date code 87/88), because I wanted to have some for myself and to compare them with the newer ones. After some long, arabian market - style negotiations I was able to get them for 7.50 EUR/pc. instead of 8, but I had to buy them all, so I will have around 10 -12 of them extra. Anybody interested?

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Update

Carondimonio said:
After some long, arabian market - style negotiations I was able to get them for 7.50 EUR/pc. instead of 8, but I had to buy them all, so I will have around 10 -12 of them extra. Anybody interested?
Do your comparison, come back here, and honestly tell us if you can tell between them.
Count me in for one anyway ;)

El bump-o!!! (Update)

Hi all!

Well, lately I did not have much time for the follow-ups of this and the other group buys, as my wife had to undergo a small surgical intervention, so I was busy with other matters...
Nevertheless, there' s some news: a few days ago i got the NOS 1541A (date code 87/88) so, if anybody is interested...:D :D :D

I didn' t have much time yet to thoroughly compare the two versions (older and newer ones); I did just a quick comparison and, so far, the 87/88 ones seem to me at least as good as the newer ones. More to follow...

Cheers,

Bruno

P.S.: I also ordered a batch of PCM56P (J and K versions), as it is my intention to experiment with several different DACs. I will have some extra for sure, and I think I will put them in the trading forum...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.