• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Industrial SMD Gainclone - group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:
What do you say about a SMD Gainclone project in August, September?

Project name is "Industrial Gainclone", QRP02

For this I would like a few beta testers which of course will be rewarded.

Specifications:

* 50 um pcb with groundplane

* Rectifier diodes, TO247 and option for TO220

* 4700 uF/50V max, 10 mm snap-in and regular ones too.

* LM3886, inverting, 1k+18k, properly decoupled

* Mute

* Output filter, 1.5 mm wire, 5 mohms

* Zobel network

* DC-servo, AD8620, properly decoupled (possible not to use it)

* Input buffer, non-inverting, 220 kohms input impedance, AD8620, properly decoupled.

* 7812, 7912, TO220, maybe SO08, maybe LM317/337 in SOT223 (not desided yet)

* All elctrolytic caps hole mounted

* SMD caps PPS types and ceramics, 0805

* SMD resistors, 0805

* Lug connectors with option for 1.5 mm2 wires

* Fuses 5 x 20 mm

The goal is a complete product, just add two windings with AC, signal in and speaker out and a cute small pcb.

I'm going to vacation now and after my vacation I will start a wiki to see how the interst is. This first list doesn't mean any commitments. It just to see the interest. I think i will have at least 50 pcb's in order for moving further.

This project is only for persons that are rather handy with soldering iron so if you think my other SMD projects are too hard to build, this one is equally hard. Personally I think it is going to be rather easy, just 0805, and SO08 parts.

Please excuse me, but I don't have a lot of experience with this web site. I'm confused. Are you selling boards for a gain clone amp?

Thanks, Nick

Peranders -- do you have a 3D or topological diagram of the board with parts mounted.

Since it's surface mount for the passive components, I am thinking that the chip itself could be mounted parallel to the board by bending the pins 90 degrees. A 2 or 3 c/w heat-sink could be mounted to the chip via double-sided thermal tape. The sink itself supported by 4-pins on the board. This would lend itself to a nice flat-pack design.

Jack

Hi P-A

I'm a bit nervous now for being the guy that makes the kick-off. In the picture you can see that I almost have all the parts to start this project. I believe I have to januari so I can claim my surprise, which was a car if i'm not mistaken?:D
Keep you posted.

Cheers

Walter

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 260
Don't be nervous :no: If you are normal handy you will solder one pcb in max an hour = 2 hours. If you are REALLY thourough it will take max 4 hours for two pcb's.

I think 4 months is sufficient to have a working unit. I'll hope I'll don't put too much pressure on you? I'll suspect that the other guys are anxious to start building.

I'll suspect that the other guys are anxious to start building.

Well, that's not true for me.

I just cannot accept your beta-test conditions, as I already explained.
In case you don't want to think about it again (I already explained my points, as I said), my set of beta-boards is available again for someone else who is willing and wealthy enough to afford them!

Sorry,
Sebastian.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
sek said:
I just cannot accept your beta-test conditions, as I already explained.
In case you don't want to think about it again (I already explained my points, as I said), my set of beta-boards is available again for someone else who is willing and wealthy enough to afford them!

I am confused. What are the beta conditions? I didn't see them mentioned in this thread.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.