• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for Samuel Groner's low distortion passive notch filter

I have a question after looking at the schematic. I should have asked when he first posted. Should the resistors in the filter be in a series/parallel network to reduce the signal across them? Same for the caps? I believe there is a direct relationship between the signal level and nonlinearity.
Re. the caps, connecting them in parallel reduces the total capacitance deviation from the nominal value of the group compared to a single capacitor with the same tolerance (assuming the individual capacitance deviation is a random variable).
Same for resistors in series, but also reduces the load per unit in the chain.

Samuel often employs this technique, see e.g.
Analog Circuit Design · Samuel Groner · Resources · Low Distortion Oscillators

Regards,
Braca

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Consolidated list so far

Woo-hoo! We have requests for 47 boards in just two days, and I am placing an order for 50 boards with the manufacturer. Will keep you posted on the progress.

The consolidated list is as follows:
  • slartibartfasst: 3
  • anatech: 3 (tentative)
  • Frex: 2
  • AKN: 4
  • fredbloggstwo: 2
  • hochopeper: 3 (+a PCB for Samuel Groner's Low Noise Laboratory Grade Measurement Amplifier)
  • mlloyd1: 3
  • DPH: 2
  • PH104: 3
  • waltzing bear: 4
  • markus22ch: 4
  • Monte McGuire: 4
  • bricks: 2
  • act: 4
  • CG: 4

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Absolutely - thank you for joining!

The updated consolidated list:
  • slartibartfasst: 3
  • anatech: 3 (tentative)
  • Frex: 2
  • AKN: 4
  • fredbloggstwo: 2
  • hochopeper: 3 (+a PCB for Samuel Groner's Low Noise Laboratory Grade Measurement Amplifier)
  • mlloyd1: 3
  • DPH: 2
  • PH104: 3
  • waltzingbear: 4
  • markus22ch: 4
  • Monte McGuire: 4
  • brickj: 2
  • acg: 4
  • CG: 4
  • Malvin: 3
The updated total is 50 boards.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
First batch is ready to ship

All, thank you for patience. The first batch of 50 PCB arrived (see the attached pictures) and is ready to ship. I will be sending you PMs later today confirming the number of PCBs ordered, your shipping addresses, and payment details.

The up-to-date list of GB participants is below. After I ordered the first batch, you requested 20 more PCBs, so there will be a second batch coming in very soon - I will keep you posted.

1. acg - 4
  2. AKN - 4
  3. anatech - 3 + 1 Groner's LNA PCB
  4. bk856er - 2
  5. brickj - 2
  6. CG - 4
  7. chris719 - 4
  8. dc3 - 2
  9. DPH - 2
  10. fredbloggstwo - 2
  11. Frex - 2
  12. hochopeper - 3 + 1 Groner's LNA PCB