• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simple High Performance DC Coupled Class A HPA with sub PPM THD

BOM Update

Hi X. Here's an updated BOM for review. I filled in the rest of the items and also made some substitutions for out of stock items. The only thing that's really unavailable right now are MELF resistors. Once you have a look I'll take a crack at separating for HPA vs. Preamp. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-07-16 - S-HPA-BOM-Rev_02-DO NOT USE YET.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 90
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Jwarch,
Thanks for doing this!
:cheers:

The PCBs arrived and they look great!
Thanks, JP!

Attachments

• 47814AD0-9080-41BE-A891-4E76A242AFBF.jpg
    47814AD0-9080-41BE-A891-4E76A242AFBF.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,470
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thank you Jwarch for making the comprehensive Mouser shopping cart! It is a huge undertaking and the one you put together is quite inclusive and has options and choices for different pots etc. I am still trying to wrap my head around the critical parts needed for a HPA build, which I believe, is the more popular application for this project.

Related to this is the ultralow noise TPS7Axxxx voltage regulators made by LDOVR.COM - member Badboygolf16v has been in contact with the vendor and says he can secure a 15% discount for us - not sure of the details if this is a GB or a coupon code. I will let him handle it if indeed it is a group buy. But thanks for your efforts Badboygolf16v!

I will send out the boards to everyone this weekend.

I'll double check those badboy, and edit if needed. I also have to add comments regarding transistor matching. For reference I have included tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet that include the schematics, silkscreens, and renderings that JPS provided.

Here's the text from JP's schematic:
R115-R118 & R135-R138: 2R2 for 145mA bias; 2R7 for 115mA
R106/108 & R126/128 matched (or use 0.1% for performance)
V101/V102 & V121/V122 matched 1% (2mA) for best DC offset
V103/V104 & V123/V124 matched 5% for lowest DC offset

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
X, any chance of posting the final schematic? the one on the first post is just one channel at the moment.

It’s posted as PDF on post 96. All production data is there including stuffing guide and interconnect block diagram.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...led-class-hpa-sub-ppm-thd-10.html#post5479429

There is a typo on schematic: it says that MOSFETs can be substituted with Toshiba 2SK2013 and 2SJ3131. No 2SK2013 since all are P channel. Just 2SJ3131. Also, Fairchild equivalent FQP can be used too.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am dealing with my basement flooding from a malfunctioning sump pump and rain storm. It’s quite a mess and will take me some time to sort out and recover.

We have had several deluges here in the past week from the same storm system, no doubt. The creek on my property totally jumped its banks for the first time since I moved here 4 years ago. Sorry about your basement. I hope your amps and speakers are safe!