Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users
GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2018, 06:11 PM   #11
LukasLouw is offline LukasLouw  United States
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know the cost of the RTX6001 in US$?
I don't see it on their website.

Thanks,
Lukas
Old 1st June 2018, 06:16 PM   #12
cwtim01 is offline cwtim01  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

I tried the demo version, it installed some drivers dated 2012 into my Windows 7 PC

The software does work, after getting rid of error messages that it picked a sound card that was not plugged in. The whole feeling is that it's a software from the early days of Windows XP (GUI, menu, installation process ... etc).

While auto-ranging the RTX is nice, I don't see myself paying the price for this software.

PS. Uninstalling the software doesn't remove those drivers, they'll have to be removed manually from the Control Panel.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (14.5 KB, 298 views)

Last edited by cwtim01; 1st June 2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 1st June 2018, 06:28 PM   #13
JensH is offline JensH  Denmark
diyAudio Member

The price is USD 2495 + VAT (if applicable) and shipping. Shipping is typically in the range of USD 50 to 100.
Old 1st June 2018, 06:40 PM   #14
MI Pro is online now MI Pro  United States
diyAudio Member

Default MI Pro comments by AudioXpress reviewer & PDF showing integration w/ RTX6001

Hello Everyone,

I had forgotten to attached a PDF document showing how the API is envisaged to integrate with the RTX6001, (please see attached PDF document).

With respect to how an AudioXpress Magazine reviewer (Stuart Yaniger) who has written a very good series of articles in that magazine on such topics, please see his comment he made yesterday concerning Vitrins MI Pro at: Audio measurement gear | Page 9 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Stuart Yaniger opines that MI pro is: "...amazingly powerful, worth every penny..."

If you haven't read Stuart's many superbly written articles please Google search: "audioxpress sound card audio analyzer review" and you'll be lead to many of his great reviews.

V/R,
MI Pro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MI Pro Customization for RTX-6001.pdf (118.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 1st June 2018, 07:27 PM   #15
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Alan,
I did download and mess around with the software a little, but ran out of time. I'm also very busy but I did see enough to form a decision to buy the MI Pro package with the scheduler package. This would allow you to put a series of tests together that would execute with one "go" command. So you could can a few test procedures and just launch the one you want, or you could certainly execute each test as you wanted. Either way, I will buy it, but the integration makes this an extremely powerful package, RTX and Virtins. It becomes an Audio Precision light if you will.

I use the RTX every single day almost. I need to invest in a software package that does everything I need it to, and ARTA doesn't. That and you have to set up and execute each tests manually. That means THD Left, THD Right, then if you want to get IMD, run through it again plus anything else you can think of. Then there is distortion verses power, which I want and don't know how to do it in ARTA.

-Chris
Old 1st June 2018, 10:33 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Great conversation on MI Pro GB & audio distortion

Hello again Everyone,

There has been a great online discussion between the ever knowledgeable Amir and I on this GB for MI Pro that I thought would be relevant for others to follow. Please follow this URL link for details: Audio measurement gear | Page 9 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

V/R
MI Pro
Old 1st June 2018, 10:50 PM   #17
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

So that's where SY went!

Stuart's comments are on the mark -as usual. His comments on MI are valuable as well.

-Chris
Old 2nd June 2018, 02:38 AM   #18
waltzingbear is offline waltzingbear  United States
diyAudio Member

yet one more example of sloppy writing

the windows are Hann and Hamming, named after Julius von Hann and Richard W. Hamming

there is no such thing as a Hanning window

Alan
Old 2nd June 2018, 03:25 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Default Hanning vs. Hann window

Hello Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to read through the manual a bit and for making a comment. I think Virtins choose to use the "Hanning" vs. "Hann" window term as it is used (perhaps as you say, incorrectly) many, many times throughout the industry.

Just Google search the term: "Hanning window FFT" and you'll see a virtual smorgasbord of firms, individuals, etc. referring to it as a "Hanning" vs. Hann (or sometimes both). I am not debating the idea of the correct use of the term in that it should be referred to as a Hann window and not a Hanning window.

Even Wiki states the following on this: "...named after Julius von Hann, and sometimes referred to as Hanning, presumably due to its linguistic and formulaic similarities to the Hamming window..." per URL: Window function - Wikipedia

While I do not work as an employee of either Virtins or of RTX, and I'm acting in the role of facilitator only of this MI Pro GB (I really want the custom API for my RTX6001 analyzer...that's the main reason for my involvement in this whole affair).

However, for me personally, and only speaking for myself and no one else, I am more concerned with such matters if the analyzer in question were to do something incorrectly, i.e., measure incorrectly when applying a given window type, etc. For me, and perhaps me alone, the semantic terminology used in such a situation is of far less importance.

I guess that many, many others throughout the industry are incorrect insofar as the use of this Hanning vs. Hann window terminology, so in this context, Virtins is certainly not alone. I will check with them on the idea of their changing their manual based on your comment which is a very simple thing for them to do if they so choose via the "find and replace command," but we'll see I guess, (I just did so and the term "Hanning" comes up 13 times total in the 384 page MI Pro manual).

Thanks again for taking the time to read the manual and for making your salient comment with regard to Hanning v. Hann.

I wish you a pleasant evening and upcoming weekend in any event.

V/R,
MI Pro
Old 2nd June 2018, 04:18 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Default MI Pro GB question from diyaudio member (shared for clarification)

Hello Everyone,

Just to clarify something for everyone, today I received this excellent question from someone on the diyaudio forum via private message:

Hi again,

Please clarify something for me please. The group buy pricing range from $240 to $190 depending on the number of people that participate.

That base package on the Virtins website is $199.95 plus $39.95 for the USB dongle, making it $239.90. So at 42 people, that is the price, correct? So at that level, the gain is 10% discount on the add ons, so with all add ons, it'll be about $690?

Shown below are the answers to the above questions:

Yes, the GB price for the MI Pro license with the USB hardware ranges from ~$240 USD to ~$190 USD (with free worldwide express [registered] mail shipping) - - price varies depending on the number of people who sign on to participate in this MI Pro GB.

Yes, the base package on the Virtins website the end user cites above are indeed correct, i.e., $199.95 plus $39.95 for USB dongle = $239.90 USD for both (but discounts on the MI Pro license / USB dongle are set to occur as more MI Pro licenses are sold).

The question not asked in the above, is “why is there no discount on the MI Pro with USB dongle for the first 42 licenses sold?” The answer is that Virtins wanted a return on their investment (ROI) for their taking on the programming of the custom API to control the RTX6001 giving the latter hardware true autoranging and autoscaling capabilities.

The above is the ROI for Virtins, but even for non-RTX6001 GB members (soundcard based) they too benefit from this MI Pro GB in that they get the add-ons at a 10% discount or the full MI package at a 10% discount as part of this GB, (something not offered anywhere else).

Even if this GB only ended up having 42 MI Pro licenses with USB dongles sold, all users at that point also get 10% off on all MI add-on programs at that point. However, the above user’s comments concerning getting a 10% discount on all MI add-ons would not be the best value if one wants to own all of the MI add-ons. If one wants all of the MI add-ons then they should buy the “full MI package” for $449.95 (a 10% discount off of the normal “full MI package” price).

It is impossible to get the 10% discount price on the MI add-ons or conversely, the “full MI package” with all the add-ons unless we have 42 GB orders (or more). That could be a combination of 32 normal MI Pro orders and 10 full MI package orders or anything that takes us up to 42 MI Pro or higher licenses. Of course it makes no sense to purchase MI Pro add-ons if one doesn’t own the baseline MI Pro to begin with.

I hope the above answers other potential MI Pro GB’ers questions as well.

V/R,

MI Pro

Last edited by MI Pro; 2nd June 2018 at 04:43 PM.

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end usersHide this!Advertise here!