• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Pioneer Super Linear Motherboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. Some have expressed interest to get my motherboard PCB for this amplifier (my own pcb, hand made picture is included). Take note that it is not a commercial venture, but just to offer to others, if interested, to get my motherboard. This pcb includes the power supply before the 'Simple Discrete Regs'.
Features:
-Full dual mono
-Dual discrete rectifier rectifier per transformers, TO220 or standard diode are possible...
-Provision to use a CRC filter after the rectifier
-Provision to install leds power supply monitor, if desired
-Provision to mount the regulators heatsink on the PCB. You have to make your own heatsink bracket...
-Includes the provision to install the SHPP protection pcb, and to easily connect the pcb supply
-Gnd lift resistor option provided
-Input AC fuse socket location
-115/230Vac jumper selection provided
-PCB size designed so the amp fit nicely into commercially available enclosure. Link will be provide.
-Ease the assembly of this amp

I don't really have the more time to spend on this project, so I'll make it quick, and sorry, but there won't be any custom modification and/or change to my design. I won't include provision for other power transformer, so you have to use the same I used. But with minimum work you can modify the pcb to use just one transformer, one or two discrete regulators, etc, you're call. You have also the choice of doing your own regulator heatsinks. Also I won't provide any other support than providing the BOM, PCB parts location, and schematic for the circuit included on the board. The rest is up to you. So if you don't know how to modify the board yourself, don,t order it...

I still don't know the price of this board, but once I get at least 5 interested persons, I'll ask for a price. To save even further I'll use my usual PCB supplier PCB pool service, that's mean that the board will be standard 1.6mm, standard 1oz copper, top silk screen only. No cutout will be done on the board for the small SLHP amp pcb, the layout is there but you'll have to cutout the holes youself, as I did. No big deal, just need a small drill, a metal saw blade and a file. Took me less than 40 min. to do mine... No change or other extra is allowed with this service. So this is what you'll get...

It will be my own cost + extra cost such as shipping back to me, taxes and custom charges + 5$/per pcb for shipping and handling. I'll charge you the actual shipping cost + Paypal fee.

So here we go, put your name if interested.

May 30th, 2018 Update
-Checked PCB Pool price, it is 1U$/square inch + fixed Shipping cost 25U$ (diffierent options are available, will choose the best one at time of ordering).
-So for this board, size 8.5'' x 6'' = 51 sq inches = 51U$ each + (shipping cost+custon fees at my end/nb of pcb) + 3% Paypal fee +5$ handling and packaging + shipping cost back to you... That won't be cheap. Please make sure you still want it, and your quantities...

Time to start to organize this GB. For all the members interested, please send me your complete Name, shipping address, a private email where I can reach you, and your paypal address.

Thanks
SB

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,068
  • IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:
The last time we offered the motherboard solution for the F5_HA, people screamed and shouted that it was too expensive.
What people do not realise is that 2mm boards are not standard and hence expensive.
On top of that it has to be sent in a box as small parcel, which alone is almost 150 HKD.
Which is why we do not want to offer this anymore.

I think it is wise to find out about cost first, including postage.
It is beyond the standard size of 100x100mm, or 160x100mm.
And you really want to have 2mm for rigidity.

Don't get me wrong.
I cannot praise SB's DIY effort more highly.
He is the few people here who has the true DIY spirit, taking on the task and doing everything from scratch.
If you have seen his next project current in progress (which I have), you will agree with my admiration.

Cheers,
Patrick

Agreed. This is why I don't accept custom request, and keep the board as standard as possible, and use a PCB pool to keep cost down as far as possible. As for the 2mm pcb, I added enough standoffs to keep the pcb rigidity. I always use standard 1.6mm pcb with no problem. And on the few 2mm pcb that I used, pardon me to say so, but I hated them when i had to modify them. They were very difficult to unsoldered, the 2mm pad holes kept on having some solder left in the mounting holes, and it was difficult to prevent damage on the pcb itself. 1.6mm on the contrary unsolder just fine.

Indeed I was thinking to use the same pcb with some other projects, and I may end up buying one for me as well. The final version may have some mods to accomodate some variations, we will see.

And as EUVL said, shipping back to you this large board won't be cheap...
Anyway we are pretty close to get a quotation...

Just a note on the PCB pool service. This is basicaly a large PCB surface that you buy as a group, depending on the pool buyers. That means that the pcb cost is as per square inches, meaning that there is no cost reduction per quantity ordered. For small quantity as this GB, it is a plus, we get an excellent price, but the cost is the same for one, or 5 or 10 pcb. We just save on combined shipping. For larger quantity, ex 100 pcb, it makes more sense for a special quote, and then yes, we can get economy of scale. So don't expect cost reduction for such small quantity, 1 or 5 will be the same price, but again we will split the fixed 30U$ shipping cost among the buyers...

Last edited:
This is the chassis that fits perfectly the motherboard and the rest of the SL Amplifier. Other variant exits also on ebay, just make sure to get one that has approximatively 60mm height inside for the heatsink... I also included a picture of my own amp, showing the motherboard, and the rest, plenty of space.

The motherboard size is: 8.5'' x 6'' (or 216 x 152mm) (my bare DIY pcb material was 9''x6'' max, hence my original design size...)

1907A Full Aluminum Amplifier Chassis Preamplifier Enclosure/ Mini AMP Case /Power Amplifier Box-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Attachments

• HTB1EKshNXXXXXceapXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg
    HTB1EKshNXXXXXceapXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Very nice SB, I'll take two in case I mess up the hole cutting.

arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards

6 boards total.

SB what is the width of the board? Just looking at aluminium angle and your heatsink is maybe 50 x 50 x 10mm thick?

Last edited:
The motherboard size is: L8.5'' x W6'' (or 216 x 152mm). My angle was W1.5'' x L5.85'', 0.25'' thick, don't remimber the height, but was around 2'' (50mm), to accomodate the regs. Silkscreen lines on the board shows where the angle was. I suggest you wait for the board before getting the angle...

I'll take one board myself, so:

Algar_emi - 1 board
arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards
Arthur 2 boards

9 boards total

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.