• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Pioneer Super Linear Motherboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
arnd13 - 1 board
passive420 - 2 boards
Bvtrinh - 1 board
Morde - 2 boards (PAID)
Arthur - 2 boards
Hiker47 - 2 boards
hy2a3 - 1 board
ginum - 1 board (PAID)
Johnny Canuck - 1 board
Cork Lad - 2 Boards

Documentation already sent to your private email for those who paid.
I'll ship all the paid kits on Friday, before I leave

The rest will be shipped once I return, first week on July (assuming that you paid ;) naturally)

Last edited:
Some asked me about the heatsink bracket, my own version, yours can be what ever you want, but mine fit the pcb layout...

Material aluminum corner, thickness 1/4'', Dimensions: H2''xD1-5/8''(top section)xL6''
You can use a much smaller corner bracket, mine is recycled from scrap metal I have in stock...

Took me 2 hours from start to finish, first cutting to size, I used my bench saw with none ferous blade, but VERY DANGEROUS, DON'T TRY IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING... Naturally with a metal hand saw it is much safer. Then some holes marking, drilling, threading, and finally some brushing finishing touch...

Attachments

• IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2069.JPG
    IMG_2069.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Assembled my prototype this afternoon, and even if mine was modified to +/-24V, not dual mono, it is working just fine. Primaries selection was only tested at 120V, but will work fine at 240V.

Note: This is a VERY HIGH current DC power supply. It can supply a lot of juice and there is no fuse protection on the rails. So don't short them... The simple regs are current limited and the +-15V supplies outputs will be protected.

Also since I modified the board I was able to judge the pcb quality, and yes it is. Great copper traces difficult to cut, good solder mask hard to scratch, good pads. It is a very good quality board, so no need to worry.

Also all the parts I used fit just fine to pcb. Assembled correctly this board will work the first time :D

Attachments

• Proto.JPG
    Proto.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 127
All members paid, and I shipped all kits just a few minutes ago. Some were sent Air small parcel, some a simple envellop, depending on weight and/or destination. Please allow 5-10 working days for delivery, maybe a little more for some European countries (by experience).

Please let me know once you get the package, so I can conclude the transaction.

Thanks
SB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.