• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Third GB - MAYA advanced R-2R logarithmic ladded

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disappointed with the momentary power button but oh well, I'll have to work around that. Any updates?

It is a stand-by power button and you may change this with any fancy back-lighted push button. If you have any suggestion, or explain why dissapointed, may help us to improve the product.
Recently I had a car crash, nobody was hurt, but this delayed my work on preparing units and shipments. Sorry for this. Will start to ship first orders next week.

Regards,
Tibi

Thanks for the update Tibi and happily nobody was hurt!

With regard to changing the push buttons.....you show a nice example by Gerben on your twitter account, I assume Gerben used something like a bulgin (SPST-NO) with a ring led for 'on/off'. And another push button without led for 'select'.

One suggestion about the current push buttons. Your standard push button looks to me like it isn't suitable to integrate directly in a front panel. If I am right, your standard push buttons need some kind of 'finishing front/touch part' to have the button integrate nicely with a alu (silver or black) front panel. I wonder if there are any standard 'anodized silver/black alumina button parts' that fit on your push buttons. A reference (mouser digikey etc) to such parts and how to integrate into a front panel design might be helpful for people.

For myself, I will use bulgin buttons anyway as I use these in all my equipment and I want them to look alike.

Attachments

• Vicol Twitter gerben.jpg
    Vicol Twitter gerben.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I'm new to diy, and my knowledge is limited. I plan on incorporating this into a pre with an aksa lender and Hans allmiers high octane phono stage, and possibly a tone control. So.. I think a n/o spst switch would have been easier, but I'll figure it out. Certainly not a criticism, looking forward to it's arrival, the maya will be great way to make a fully functional and complete pre amp, although I am way behind on my projects so no hurry. Fortunately, I found this forum, with it's wealth of knowledge and helpful people, an amazing place and resource. Still need to finish the F6 first!

Can I check the switch type of the buttons with you for certainty?

In the last post the links refer to: circuit = 'SPDT' and I see various switch functions --> 'on-momentary' and 'Off-momentary'.

Looking at the picture of the Maya on/off and select buttons, I think we do not need for circuit 'SPDT' but can also use circuit 'SPST' (single-pole, single-throw). Am I right?

For Switch function we need: 'off -momentary'. So the switch is only closed (connected) when being pushed. Not being pushed, the switch is open. Am I right?

Attachments

• Maya_buttons.jpg
    Maya_buttons.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 214
Hi Tibi, what type of plexiglass or polycarbonate is normally used as display filter for audio front panels? I like to have a bit dark / black /antracyte glass in front of the maya oled display (mounted in a 10mm thick modushop silver alu front panel). It should be dark enough to hide the display and IR receiver behind. Is it just a matter of trial and error to find the glass type with the right level of transparancy/transmissivity?

An idea to add to maya: add a power supply point to maya display module to power a front panel led which indicates power on. Now one has to add another transformer and use of the relais to do that.

Thanks, pieter

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.