• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Original 2SK170 / 2SJ74 GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys!

I have found an electronic supplier, who has these parts on stock.

Firstly, I want to ask if anyone is interested in buying them. I don't know how many they have, but if there is enough interest, I can ask them.

I live in Europe, so shipping from Europe would be easy.

The prices on the website are:

1.62 USD for the 2SJ74GR/BL
1.16 USD for the 2SK170GR/BL

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in buying!

I came across this warehouse over the internet. I might order a pair from them to see how it turns out...

Actually, here in eastern Eu, there are a lot of obsolete parts in old warehouses who sell them, not even looking at international prices... I have seen multiple "rare" components over the years here in Hungary... like the BC184C, which is obsolete as I saw, but here, they are still selling it for 0.1 USD a piece! :D

Just ensure that you got the Original one, verify it no matter what the seller say, no matter how you will verify it, just for precautions.

I recon my country colleague, forget his id, managed group buy for 2SK something and it was found out as fake.

Yes, it is that one!

Sorry for not posting that earlier!

EDIT: I have called the shop earlier today. They told me I can test them, and if I am not satisfied, they will take it back. The owner also told me many people were buying this JFET from him, and no one complained yet over the years.

So please, let me know, if there is any way I can look if they are original or not

Last edited:
IDSS = 3mA

even if it's real, this is the lowest Idss of GR grade. for the price of each item unmatched, I think the price is standard market rate and nothing special. I even get my matched 2SK170BL for only $3/pair

get a close picture of each jfet side, better if you have Macro function on you camera. sometimes expert can look at the lettering if they are real or not. but for testing it will require you build jfet tester

Last edited:
we appreciate your kindness, but advices given is to protect you and GB member later.

GB maybe suitable for existing parts that require Minimum Order Quantity, while obsolete parts better check it's genuine or not first then you better sell it instead of GB :)

Items came!

Hey guys! Quick update:

The sample items came. I ordered 1 of each: 2SK170GR and BL, also 2SJ74GR and BL
I have made some measurements on them, and this came out:

2SK170BL

Idss = 11,9 mA
Id = 0,96mA @ Vg 0,68V
Id = 0 mA @ Vg 1,1V

2SK170GR

Idss = 3,3 mA
Id = 0,45mA @ Vg 0,32V
Id = 0 mA @ Vg 0,63V

2SJ74BL

Idss = 9,5 mA
Id = 1,8mA @ Vg 1,2V
Id = 0 mA @ Vg 2V

2SJ74GR

Idss = 2,6 mA
Id = 0,78mA @ Vg 0,53V
Id = 0 mA @ Vg 1,1V

I have attached 3 images of the JFETs.

If you guys have any more ideas how can I test them if they are real, feel free to let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_20180517_124904.jpg
    IMG_20180517_124904.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_20180522_112526.jpg
    IMG_20180522_112526.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_20180522_112536.jpg
    IMG_20180522_112536.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 721
The group buy has not started yet, ad it is not yet clear if these are original or not... I'm going to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to tell it...

If these ARE originals, I'll ask the online shop to tell me what stock they have.

If the group buy will start, I'll tell it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.