• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas SSLV1.3 Ultra-BIB

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Moving forward, the kits will likely move to the ES caps, as my supply for KZ has also dried up.

Some in the GB will receive ES caps because GB exceeded supply of KZ caps.

No worries because ES (UES Bipolar) are super good, tested correct for stability in the UltraBiB prototypes as well. And you can't orient them the wrong way even late at night :D See an interesting technical evaluation on those non polar caps posted from a DIYA member today: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/151392-electrolytic-capacitors-94.html#post5470739

P.S. They behave well with DC bias also

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
ok i cant wait to get the kits, i would like to order the transformers now. what trans should i buy to get +-12 from the BiB and to get 5 volt from the Reflektor to power a Soekris DAC?

The UBiB build guide says "15VAC for 11-15Vout". For the 5Vout Reflektor use 9 VAC

Both 30VA or 50VA

P.S. If its a special order single transformer you can ask for 50VA with 15+15V 1A each side independent secondaries (four wires) plus a 9V 2A secondary

The UBiB build guide says "15VAC for 11-15Vout". For the 5Vout Reflektor use 9 VAC

Both 30VA or 50VA

P.S. If its a special order single transformer you can ask for 50VA with 15+15V 1A each side independent secondaries (four wires) plus a 9V 2A secondary

thanks. i just saw that guide for the first time. Got one 100VA 15VAC andd one 50VA 9VAC from antek. would that be fine?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Unfortunately I missed this GB.
Are there any boards left? I would like to have one board and three mini kits (2 pos, 1 neg) if there is any possibility.

thanks

Klaus

Yes. I still have some stock. Let me know if you need any of them to be 5V supplies, and I can pack parts accordingly. Private Message me your email and I will invoice you. Best Regards,
Tea

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Received both kits today. thanks. im not sure if the kits are complete or do i still need to order some parts?

You need to order parts. These are minikits. The first Post has a link to a spreadsheet that has the minikits, and extra parts to order for a complete board population.

Here is the link to just the BOM part of the first post.

UltraBIB Minikits - Google Sheets

Note the R1 requirements in the build manual.