• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

I'm finding these so good I'm unsure if I'm starting to imagine things. This is with a couple of 8121 which are very far from being saturated. However I live in the capital, on the 5th (top) floor in an area with many thousand apartments, so who knows how polluted the power is. I must check some day and roll back to without Felix'es, but right now I'm just enjoying my imagination :-D

Question: I noticed that the high inductance lower current Coilcraft Comoco perform better than the Toroid inductors, is it possible to build a circuit with let say 4 of these boards using the same cmc and have a current transformer with a small microprocessor and a 4 relays board and depending on the load the system will activate boards depending on load in parallel. 0-5 amps - 1 board, 5-10 - 2 boards and so on!

Question: I noticed that the high inductance lower current Coilcraft Comoco perform better than the Toroid inductors, is it possible to build a circuit with let say 4 of these boards using the same cmc and have a current transformer with a small microprocessor and a 4 relays board and depending on the load the system will activate boards depending on load in parallel. 0-5 amps - 1 board, 5-10 - 2 boards and so on!

Maybe, but amp load transients are fast, so relays probably wouldn't be the way to do it.

Running them in parralell halfs their filtration each time you double CMC's in use.

Hi Destroy, if i use two EMI filters , whether my enclosed image is a proper connection ? Any comment ?

Attachments

• 20180606_154024_HDR.jpg
    20180606_154024_HDR.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 513
It's dangerous to incorrectly create resistance on the ground wire. You do not want to find out what you did prevents, say, the chassis from being drained. ZAP or thud even after... No bueno. Winding around a ferrite could potentially cause this to occur, so you would need to do testing afterward to make sure it could pass so many amperes in the right amount of time.

However the CMC, or "common mode" actually attenuates a lot of the noise that would otherwise go from L and N to G in your equipment. So technically you are actually reducing it already.

The interesting thing about it is, it is possible to add something to (in series with) the ground system and still get approval.

The other thing is, it may not work in all situations, but is cheap to try and easy to implement, and … we are hobbyists :)

Yes there are no fix-all's

My take on a larger box with multiple outlets for all of the extras in the sound system. Or whatever you would like to use it for.
I found this enclosure online, it came with everything but the duplex outlets and wire. I went with each group of four outlets connected to a Fol-Felix board.
The only bit that is off for those of us in the 120vac parts of the world is the input label is for 220vac.
Not as nice as the one Jeremy was proposing though. For me having the metal work done was great and a time saver.

Attachments

• FO1.jpg
    FO1.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 539
  • FO2.jpg
    FO2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 537
  • FO3.jpg
    FO3.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 528
Not bad looking. Maybe room for one more board? The ones I want to GB... had a sample one nearly done buy discovered I needed to have it masked when powder coated because you can't reasonibly sand down the correct parts to make contact for safety ground. Will hopefully have pics before too long of corrected version.