• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

I have an old filter that looks like below. Would anyone know where to buy something similar with terminals already fitted?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 815
Got the little guy all put together tonight. Now it plays the waiting game while it waits to go in it's home.

That Coilcraft is a fine looking component.

If you are going to use those big flanged screws please use insulating washers. Otherwise the risk of arcing is too much for me to approve of use in that way. Sadly the tolerances of min distance on AC is a pain.

You may have noticed the generous gaps on the PCB board, they are for the same reason, to meet the min clearance.

Last edited:
It's come to my attention that insulating washers should be used on both sides if the chassis is grounded. And if it isn't use nylon stand offs.

This is a bit of an oversight, where my PCB guy, well... as good as he is at all things EMC, I'm going to have to be much more strict on the subject. I'm always for big clearance, and he is for min necessary clearance.

I believe everyone has been emailed.

Again, I'm truly sorry about that.

Last edited:
I want to make it clear that there is no clearance issues between the hole and the trace. Nylon washers are a total fix.

Some of you may be running without, as the masking is insulation, but it is not thick enough to meet the min safety distance that is used for standards. So while it may be fine, I have to say it is necessary to install the washers.

As I will probably say many times, I am sorry about this. We made a mistake even while exercising our brains for making sure these are ideal.

I am going to start another GB for all those interested in getting boards that missed this one (with increased clearance). When it is complete, anyone that cannot accept the nylon washers is welcome to replacement boards for the cost of shipping. These boards that need the nylon washers are still very good boards, but I will do my best to eat the mistake.

Thanks Destroyer OS but you didn't need to do that.

Before you responded to the flanged screws I had already seen them and was wanting to respond to the post but as a new guy in town I thought I would be out of place sorta speak asking a dumb question about it.

Just goes to show me that know question is to dumb to ask especially when it comes to a persons safety.

I may have done that myself.