• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damn to late... ;0) Will there come a new GB?
Does the ohm of the bypass resistors for the chokes depend of the chokes A?

Not too late. How many do you want?

Hello Destroyer. What is status of the order ?

The PCB printer says they're in production, so they should be shipped pretty darn soon, which will mean 3-5 days to me.

20180425_113244.jpg

Possible X2 cap part substitution

Hi All--I put in an order for the specified parts from Destroyer OS's email sent last night. I noticed Mouser only had one (!) of the x2 caps, where 4 are needed per board (part # 80-R463I347050N0M). They listed re-stock date out to mid-July for this part.

DigiKey didn't have any of the same part number, either. Weird. It appears that manufacturer part # R463I347000N0M is the same as the one specified, except for a lead length of only 4 mm vs. 25 mm. Mouser is showing stock of R463I347000N0M at 470+. So, if the board thickness is less than 4 mm this replacement part should work, right?

Thanks;
limits

No! This is driving me nuts, too. I've ordered a few dozen of them over the years... Maybe we're being ripped off (again) by a commercial place. :) Flattering, but annoying for part ordering.

Luckily there is Digikey & Newark, probably more places. When ever you see a mouser # you can just remove the first numbers in front of the first - and then search for the rest at digikey or other electronic sites. For example 8121-RC and 8120-RC

8120-RC Bourns Inc. | Filters | DigiKey

Also the Comoco's are unique, no one sells anything like them besides Coilcraft. And IIRC the 812X won a shootout back in the day so that's why it was used on the original filter and now this one.

It appears that Bourn, who bought JW Miller, may also be selling to other electronics businesses. This is only maybe slightly different in the plastic area but otherwise the same, and there is 1400 of them. CMT-8120 Triad Magnetics | Filters | DigiKey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.