• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOX-like crossover and discrete opamp group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kestrel, just double checking, but I took it as a fact that you only needed 16 opamps. This is true if you don't need the input buffer or the extra volume adjust output buffer. (each output is buffered before that stage anyway) If you wanted to totally populate all four boards, you'd need 4 sets of opamps, not two.

1 full MOX = 8 opamps (4 dual)= 1 set of opamps

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
tiroth said:
Just FYI, I got a call from Electronix. I got the last of their 2SK389 stock and their lead time is now unknown. Apparantly their supplier is totally out of stock. Sorry folks.

MCM has stock on hand, but a higher price.

You should order 100 (or whatever the demand is) or so from MCM and allow for the option of purchasing them with the boards, as the price is quite a bit lower in quantities over 100.

--
Brian

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It’s my fault what I didn’t clear express myself. What I’m like to have is to direct low frequency in subwoofer. What I meant is to relief main speaker from low frequency – from 40 to 90 Hz region. I think it called hi pass. I didn’t do my homework yet. I’m taking advantage from yours expertise. In my opinion –I could be wrong- majority of decent system will benefit from it.
Is it possible to incorporate variable phase delay in this crossover?
Vlad

you are looking for something like this:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/icbm.html

i THINK this should be able to accomplish what you want, but we will see what others think, now that they have a better idea.

hey, you are from denver! small world.

Vladco said:
It’s my fault what I didn’t clear express myself. What I’m like to have is to direct low frequency in subwoofer. What I meant is to relief main speaker from low frequency – from 40 to 90 Hz region. I think it called hi pass. I didn’t do my homework yet. I’m taking advantage from yours expertise. In my opinion –I could be wrong- majority of decent system will benefit from it.
Is it possible to incorporate variable phase delay in this crossover?
Vlad

Bass management

Hello,

This is regarding the question about bass management. The way I understand bass management is a setup where the bass information from multiple channels are LP filtered and the signals are then added to ONE channel for a subwoofer.

So to make a circuit for bass management we need a number of LP filters (Witch we have), and a summoning amplifier with as many inputs as we have channels. Maybe some sort of phase control is a good idea also. Anyway the summoning amplifier and phase compensator circuits can be build relatively easily on the part of the PCB meant for prototyping.

I hope this clears up the questions

\Jens

Bass management

Vladco,

Thanks for clarifying. As Jens and cowanrg have said, the MOX boards can handle the filtering side of this task. But, there is no circuitry on-board to do summation or phase adjust. As such, I wouldn't recommend it to you as an out-of-the box solution. If you are able to do some work in the prototyping area, though, it can be used for bass management.

All pass filter
http://sound.westhost.com/dwopa.htm#allpass

General opamp info and summing amplifier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier

Jens, there is fortunately only one type of inch when we are talking measures in modern life. For the record also it is not approximately 2.54 cm (or 25.4 mm as some of the Non-Scandinavians would say). It is EXACTLY 2.54 cm BY DEFINITION to save us trouble.

As for weight units. After the first 1023 variations, forget it....

As long as I am able to acquire stock, I will also offer the 2SK389 at cost, 2 for $5. This is 30% less than the best price I have been able to find for small quantities. (I want to ship in pairs so I don't have to break the tubes down too much)

If anyone knows of a cheaper quantity source in the U.S. that actually has these parts in stock, please let me know!

(My cost is 100 for $215, $15 shipping, ~4% fees, about $2.40 each assuming I don't end up with leftovers)

tiroth, just need something plain and clear...

the price for opamp boards is a set of 8boards @ $5/set? or $5/board in set?

in wiki we write the number of sets we want to buy? or the number of boards?(I see orders with 20, that would be 160 boards if it is per set).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.