• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Does anyone have close up pictures on how to connect Cronus and DSC? I cannot seem to find the information needed on the pinout for Cronus. I see the uFL setup but my Cronus also has the jumper pins (not sure about the correct terminology).

If it is not possible to use the jumper pins, I will order the uFL cables. Since, I am new to DIY world I am going to attempt to make it work with DSC 2.5 in case I goof and fry something.

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 593
DSC - Cronus interface

Hi
I think the pic that you are looking for is attached. It is online with the gerbers for the interface board. Apologies that I cannot be more specific as to the location but if you are really stuck then just pm me.

Kind regards

Attachments

• IMG_20180730_173532233_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180730_173532233_HDR.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 542
Hi
I think the pic that you are looking for is attached. It is online with the gerbers for the interface board. Apologies that I cannot be more specific as to the location but if you are really stuck then just pm me.

Kind regards

Thx for the pictures. I did see those but they seem to have Amanero board in the mix. I was hoping for pictures with out the Amanero in the mix.

I was hoping someone had setup similar to what @luchoh describes in Signalyst DSC1 where he has the following setup up and running - BBB>Hermes>Cronus>DSC2.5.

I am hoping he would chime in or if any one else has it working in similar fashion, maybe @nautiboy?

Thx for the pictures. I did see those but they seem to have Amanero board in the mix. I was hoping for pictures with out the Amanero in the mix.

I was hoping someone had setup similar to what @luchoh describes in Signalyst DSC1 where he has the following setup up and running - BBB>Hermes>Cronus>DSC2.5.

I am hoping he would chime in or if any one else has it working in similar fashion, maybe @nautiboy?

I made that little header.
It doesnt matter if you use BBB or Amanerno, as long as you feed i2s via u.fl and DSD_ON, MUTE via headers.

e83bb9d07f927fe34fcd7c376264f289.png

Would you have any spared built headers, that I can purchase from you?

Sorry I dont have any spare parts left to build it.
I had it offered on OSHPark: OSH Park ~

You will need following parts for it:
80-C1206X104J3JAUTO x2
595-ISO7320CQDRQ1 x1
872-920-0133-01 x1
712-CONUFL001-SMD x3
523-A-1PA-137-070B2 x3 (choose length to fit your setup)
Also you will need a 3.3v supply (clean if you will) from DSC side.

If you choose against using isolator on the header, you can get away with only the 20-pin header and 3 u.fl connectors. In this setup, DSC is using 3.3v from amanerno/BBB (not so "clean" as to audiophile standard).

Last edited:
Small HOWTO for BeagleBone Black + iancanada McFIFO reclocker + DSC.
HOWTO - BBB+McFIFO.pdf - Google Drive

Photo of my build
IMG_1628.JPG - Google Drive
IMG_1627.JPG - Google Drive
IMG_1626.JPG - Google Drive

About pops:
1. I'am waiting for luchoh advice in configuring Botic kernel (/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/amanero_mute_delay).
2. I'll put the video on YouTube so you can evaluate their loudness.

Can you share your output for grep commands listed in the manual. I want to make sure that I am getting similar results. Any link to location where you purchase the ufl-ufl cables?

Last edited:
Can you share your output for grep commands listed in the manual. I want to make sure that I am getting similar results. Any link to location where you purchase the ufl-ufl cables?
Hi, Deepak.
Code:
root@arm:~# uname -r
4.8.13-botic7-rc3
root@arm:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Botic [Botic], device 0: external botic-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
root@arm:~# grep . /sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/*
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/blr_ratio:64
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/clk_44k1:45158400
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/clk_48k:49152000
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/dai_format:17409
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/dsd_format_switch:1
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/ext_masterclk:3
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/pinconfig:default
/sys/module/snd_soc_botic/parameters/serconfig:DD--
root@arm:~# grep . /sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/*
/sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/amanero_mute_delay:0
/sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/amanero_mute_pins:4
/sys/module/snd_soc_davinci_mcasp/parameters/mute_pins:0

As for uFl cables, I usually buy from Mouser or Arrow, sometimes Digikey
1. Mouser
2. Arrow
3. Digikey

uFl - is a registered trademark of Hirose Electric, you can buy analogs from others manufacturers with different connector names (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirose_U.FL#cite_note-1), just check dimentions.