• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Yes...

Yes, on 2.6.2 Amanero connector is rotated by 180 degrees. Pin 1 on Amanero board must match witn Pin 1 on DSC.

On Singxer C-1 interface, pin 1 is mis-marked to the opposite end from Amanero. I realized this by seeing where the 3.3 VDC output was.

Another note for V. 2.6.2, with Lundhall 1527XL, the jumpers J10-11 are irrelevant as far as I can tell, as they just connect XLR pin 1 to Chinese tranny center tap position. Ground as to XLR is left floating in this case. I think my approach for G would be to connect pin 1 XLR to chassis, and ground from the 2.6.2 board to chassis (perhaps via a switch). G on the PCB also connects to the Lundhall case and static shield, so it probably should be connect to chassis ground, and therefore XLR pin 1.

Curious...

I am measuring only .74 V output (before transformer) at 0 dB level? I made sure DSD oversampling level reduction (for safe oversampling, usually set -3 to -5 dB) was at 0 dB attenuation for this measurement. Both channels measure the same. My understanding is that the output should be ~1.6 V.
I am going to need to add a gain stage for my purposes even at 1.6 V out, but I really want this DAC to achieve it's specified output?

Unfortunately, I could'n find NAA from BBB. It worked for a moment once and then nothing. Tried 3 times steps from guide ...
I've got uname -r correct, all grep commands parameters correct but no botic device detected...:(
What is a output of aplay -l ?

Start networkaudiod from shell:
service networkaudiod stop
networkaudiod

What do you see as a output? Start playing any file - what output?

When you start HQP at main computer, do you see NAA backend "botic" in HQP Settings?

Last edited:
debian@arm:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Botic [Botic], device 0: external botic-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

debian@arm:~$ service networkaudiod stop
-bash: service: command not found

debian@arm:~$ networkaudiod
-bash: networkaudiod: command not found

Looks good.
Just start HQP, choose NAA - botic as backend and see output (a network connection must be established and information about playback format must be shown)

I see you are working as debian user.
I've just noticed that in the HOWTO I missed sudo command when installing kernel update.
It should be sudo ./install-davinci.sh.
It could not be installed correctly w/o root privileges.

I am measuring only .74 V output (before transformer) at 0 dB level?

To determine the problems of your measurements, it is necessary to specify your test conditions.
1. How was the test signal generated?
2. Which player did you use to play the test signal?
3. What settings were used when playing the file? (preferably with screenshots)
4. On which pins did you measure (between HOT and COLD or between GND and HOT/COLD)?
5. What device did you use to measure the output voltage of the output signal (multimeter, oscilloscope)?
6. Could you make measurements after the transformer without load (using the test signal files from link)?
barrows - Google Drive

Looks good.
Just start HQP, choose NAA - botic as backend and see output (a network connection must be established and information about playback format must be shown)

I see you are working as debian user.
I've just noticed that in the HOWTO I missed sudo command when installing kernel update.
It should be sudo ./install-davinci.sh.
It could not be installed correctly w/o root privileges.

Yes, used sudo for this but nevertheless, there's nothing to choose from in HQP, and during HQP startup message is Failed to open audio device...How to check if networkaudiod is running? When enter sudo networkaudiod I get no response from terminal any more. I must ctr-c to be able to type in terminal again.

Yes, used sudo for this but nevertheless, there's nothing to choose from in HQP, and during HQP startup message is Failed to open audio device...How to check if networkaudiod is running? When enter sudo networkaudiod I get no response from terminal any more. I must ctr-c to be able to type in terminal again.

When you start networkaudiod from shell, you see all messages from it directly (not from log file) and can't use this terminal while networkaudiod is working. Just start one more terminal session, if you need, and switch between windows. Ctr-c in this case stops networkaudiod.

Then, after starting HQP, you should see some messages from networkaudiod. Post them.
If no messages at all (nothing changed) - you have no connection between BBB with NAA and computer with HQP. You will need to check network settings.
Do you use DHCP at your router? Are there any limitations (MAC address, number of clients and so on)? Firewall?

Check IP address of BBB by sudo ifconfig or ifconfig eth0 for ethernet connection.

Last edited:
Hi Vit,
I was wondering if you had a set of PCBs for connecting BBB and DSC with uFl still available? I would buy if you had instead of having to produce two batches of 5.

Yes, I have some spare PCB's (BBB - black, DSC - green). But w/o soldered uFl. I can buy connectors and solder them, if you don't want to deal with smd soldering.

I'am using easyeda.com and can share my project there for quick ordering from JLCPCB. Both PCB, both green, will cost only 7USD + shipment.

Ok, one pair (Black + Green) costs me 4USD, black one is 10 times more expensive then green. Shipment to Canada ~ 4-6USD by Russian Post (i should check).

Details - 2 layer, 1oz, FR4-Standard Tg 140C, PCB Thickness 1.2 mm, surface finish HASL(with lead). Black - 18mm*60mm, Green - 20mm*28mm.

Just let me know how many you want, I'll send at Monday or Tuesday and after that tell you how much is needed to pay.

When you start networkaudiod from shell, you see all messages from it directly (not from log file) and can't use this terminal while networkaudiod is working. Just start one more terminal session, if you need, and switch between windows. Ctr-c in this case stops networkaudiod.

Then, after starting HQP, you should see some messages from networkaudiod. Post them.
If no messages at all (nothing changed) - you have no connection between BBB with NAA and computer with HQP. You will need to check network settings.
Do you use DHCP at your router? Are there any limitations (MAC address, number of clients and so on)? Firewall?

Check IP address of BBB by sudo ifconfig or ifconfig eth0 for ethernet connection.

BBB has working network and internet otherwise I couldn't be able to download anything during preparation process and of course Bitvise SSH client works without any problem. For the moment even disabled firewall but to no avail.

debian@arm:~$ sudo ifconfig eth0
eth0: flags=-28605<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.1.80 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
inet6 fe80::6eec:ebff:feb9:9054 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether 6c:ec:eb:b9:90:54 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 1116 bytes 103516 (101.0 KiB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 559 bytes 72464 (70.7 KiB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0
device interrupt 175

There are no any messages during HQPlayer start in networkaudiod terminal...

BBB has working network and internet otherwise I couldn't be able to download anything during preparation process and of course Bitvise SSH client works without any problem. For the moment even disabled firewall but to no avail.
Yep, I see.
Debian image can be installed from a USB flash drive with using serial port to interact with.

Check HQP settings (see tab 1 in attached picture) and try as a Backend - NetworkAudioAdapter IPv6 too.

Sorry, I have no other clues for now. Tomorrow I'll try to install Debian + Botic exactly as described in HOWTO and give feedback.

As a option you may try to write ready image
BBB_Botic.pmf - Google Drive
This will help to understand what the problem is.

Attachments

• HQP.jpg
    HQP.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 403
Ok, one pair (Black + Green) costs me 4USD, black one is 10 times more expensive then green. Shipment to Canada ~ 4-6USD by Russian Post (i should check).

Details - 2 layer, 1oz, FR4-Standard Tg 140C, PCB Thickness 1.2 mm, surface finish HASL(with lead). Black - 18mm*60mm, Green - 20mm*28mm.

Just let me know how many you want, I'll send at Monday or Tuesday and after that tell you how much is needed to pay.

Hi Vit,

I’ll take two sets please

Thanks
Do