• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

If...

May possible let "Spotify" or "Tidal" sound out to NAA ? Seem like HQplayer does.

Thank you
Benkit

you use a Sonore micro Rendu (or ultra Rendu or Signature Rendu SE) as an NAA with HQP, the Rendu can also be a Spotify endpoint, and can server Tidal via Roon or Audirvana (as examples)... that is one way to support HQP/NAA and Tidal and Spotify on the same hardware.

hello i need some help... anyone using raspberry pi as NAA?
i´m trying to get my dac to work but something is not right...
i followed PureDSD for the signalyst config.
but when i turn on the amp the is huge ground noise... and when it play on song only ear static like "xhhxxxhxhh".
i´m using amanero with short wires following the manual pinout.
using pin 3,4,5, 7,8,9,10.
and pin 11, 13, 14 ,15.

is this pinout correct?

if i turn on the dac without the amanero i don´t ear noise when the amp is turned on.

tks

Hi borrows,
The Sonore device is only allowed to select to configure only one source input at a time.
We need to play music from multiple sources such play music from library which using HQP and streaming online music services from Spotify or Tidal. This means that we would need to reconfig Sonore every time match with the music source. Please advise.

Thank you
Benkit

you use a Sonore micro Rendu (or ultra Rendu or Signature Rendu SE) as an NAA with HQP, the Rendu can also be a Spotify endpoint, and can server Tidal via Roon or Audirvana (as examples)... that is one way to support HQP/NAA and Tidal and Spotify on the same hardware.

pistollero,
do you have the same problem (static noise) with any DSD rate and direct connection of your DSC to computer?

Pls send me photos (to check jumpers and wiring):
- output board
- wired DSC Amanero input connector with connected Amanero
- screenshots of your HQP Settings and Main HQP window while playing.

PRI works up to DSD512 as NAA, but first let's check direct connection.
I'am with 2003be_71A and Linux.

pistollero,
do you have the same problem (static noise) with any DSD rate and direct connection of your DSC to computer?

Pls send me photos (to check jumpers and wiring):
- output board
- wired DSC Amanero input connector with connected Amanero
- screenshots of your HQP Settings and Main HQP window while playing.

PRI works up to DSD512 as NAA, but first let's check direct connection.
I'am with 2003be_71A and Linux.
Thks for the help Vit. I will send photos and details when i get home.
Yes i connected pc-amanero-dsc and i have the same situation.

The...

Hi borrows,
The Sonore device is only allowed to select to configure only one source input at a time.
We need to play music from multiple sources such play music from library which using HQP and streaming online music services from Spotify or Tidal. This means that we would need to reconfig Sonore every time match with the music source. Please advise.

Thank you
Benkit

Sonore Rendu's use an online web interface for changing settings/modes. To change from NAA/HQP to Roon or Audirvana as the input to the Rendu is as simple as opening the webpage and two clicks.

Vit,
How big of a difference is it using just Roon DSP for DSD to using Roon front end to HQP+NAA? Is HQP conversion much better or is it subtle?

Today I've tried Sample Rate Converter from Roon DSP Engine for PCM - DSD512.
Hardware:
1. DSC, output board with LL1684, Advanced Amanero with Crystek CCHD-957.
2. Odroid C2 as NAA or Roon Bridge.
3. Win10 PC with AMD ThreadRipper 1950X.

Settings:
1. Roon DSP - conversion to DSD512, Precise filter, Minimum Phase; Modulator - 7th order (CLANS and normall), LPF - 50kHz. CPU load during playback ~ 7%.
2. HQP conversion to DSD512, poly-sinc-xtr-mp, modulator DSD7 256+fs. CPU load during playback ~ 45%.

HQP is noticeably better. More "analog", clear sound. It looks like the difference between simple and "powerfull" HQP filters.

But as a whole Roon DSP is quite good, can be used w/o any problems (fast and non CPU demanding).

Thanks for the info Vit,

When using HQP along with Roon, do you absolutely need to use NAA or it also works with Roon RAAT on bridge?

Can you use a combination of HQP for a certain DAC and use Roon upsampling for other DACs?

Thanks
Do

HQP only works with NAA, ROON - with Bridge. I.e. you can't use ROON with NAA or HQP with Roon Bridge.
But you can:
1. run NAA and Bridge on the same computer and switches ROON - HQP - NAA or ROON - Bridge for the same DAC
2. run NAA and Bridge on different computers, connect two DAC and control stream by ROON (ROON-HQP-NAA-DAC1 and ROON-Bridge-DAC2).