• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@benkit: Hi ... You may e.g. place a suitable resistor in series with the output of your preamplifier (e.g. 10k and 100k), and then measure the voltage drop across the resistor while also measuring the output level from the preamplifier. The input resistance can be calculated as if the resistor and the input resistance are both parts of a voltage divider.

It may be simplest if you use a sine wave generator (e.g. from a computer) at for instance 1 kHz.

Wavegene can generate sine waves as can - to my memory - audacity. Link to wavegene download is here:

?????????? WaveGene

There probably are other ways but this is one way. Hope this may help.

Cheers,

Jesper

I cant recommend it.
My Isolated XMOS 768kHz interface w/o input DSD signal switches to PCM 96K (DSD_ON = 0). So you will have LRCK, DATA (PCM zero signal) at D1, D2 input pins of DSC.
Then, if you wire DSC's DSD_ON to 3.3V you may have a loud pop at the moment of switching DSD-PCM every time you stop play.

In any case, without MUTE you will have loud pop at the beginning of track, so I'd recommend to use your board with MUTE pin. In this case you can wire DSD_ON on DSC to 3.3V, MUTE to MUTE on DSC.

Thanks again Vit.

hello all.
what NAA are you guys using to work with hqplayer??
what is the cheapest solution?
tks

NAA is a free multiplatform software by Jussi Laako for HQP (Windows, Mac, Linux).
Network Audio Adapter
Network audio is especially useful to give freedom from cables when player is run on a tablet or other wireless device.
Processing is performed by the player application and the processed data is then asynchronously streamed over network to a very lightweight network audio adapter interfacing to the DAC. Asynchronous FIFO provides maximum isolation between processing and audio reproduction.

Network Audio Daemon = NAA.
Index of /bins/naa/

I can recommend Odroid C2 with armbian powered by Linear Power Supply. Cheap and very good quality option.

Hi Vit123,
I purchased a license of HQplayer version for Windows, install HQP onto Windows PC machine,DAC connects onto this machine either but sound is not well enough when compare with DAphile freeware.
I would like to practice HQP and NAA work but don't quite understanding how it work. I also have a Odriod C1+ and Odriod XU4 devices.
May you describe on NAA and HQPlayer configuration work? and do I need to purchase additional license from Signalyse?

Thank you
Benkit

CA

Hi Vit123,
I purchased a license of HQplayer version for Windows, install HQP onto Windows PC machine,DAC connects onto this machine either but sound is not well enough when compare with DAphile freeware.
I would like to practice HQP and NAA work but don't quite understanding how it work. I also have a Odriod C1+ and Odriod XU4 devices.
May you describe on NAA and HQPlayer configuration work? and do I need to purchase additional license from Signalyse?

Thank you
Benkit

There is tons of info available on HQPlayer and its use over at the Computer Audiophile website, I recommend spending some time over there researching to get a handle on all the different approaches with HQP.

As to the NAA hardware, Sonore Rendu renderers work very, very well for NAA use, and will outperform any commercial grade NUC, etc. The Micro Rendu is likely available for not much more on the used market, and any good DIYer could build a dedicated ultra low noise linear power supply for it (the power supply is important for performance).

Hi Vit123,

Thank you
Benkit

See Signalyst , and maybe try it --> 'Note! If you have audio problems when using USB audio device with default settings, try increasing buffer time to 100 ms. This will most likely help.'....

Last edited:
Hi, benkit
I've tried Daphile in February and it's perform pretty good in PCM-DSD convertion.
But if Daphile sounds better then HQP at the same computer with direct connecton to DAC - try different filters+modulators in HQP. NAA can't help here.

Some hints - try to use powerfull HQP filters (poly-sinc (-mp), poly-sinc-xtr (-mp), closed-form, not -shrt or -short or -shrt-2s) with high order modulators DSD7 256+fs or AMSDM7 512+fs.
If your computer isn't powerful enough, just go to DSD256 or even DSD128 to get playback w/o drops.

If you still prefer Daphile after that - just stay with it. I know people who do not like HQP. All we do personal subjective choice. :)

It's very simple - install NAA (networkaudiod package) at XU4 (for example):
https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.5.4-38_armhf.deb
Connect USB output of XU4 to your DAC. XU4 and computer with HQP should be in the same network.
In HQP choose:
1. Settings-Backend - NetworkAudioAdapter (IPv4 or IPv6)
2. Settings-Device - your XU4 with USB interface of your DAC.
So HQP server transmits data over a network to NAA at XU4, XU4 transmits it to DAC over USB.

It's free of charge, no need to pay anything.

OK. Vit. I will try per your advised.
Thank you
Benkit

Hi, benkit

I've tried Daphile in February and it's perform pretty good in PCM-DSD convertion.
But if Daphile sounds better then HQP at the same computer with direct connecton to DAC - try different filters+modulators in HQP. NAA can't help here.

Some hints - try to use powerfull HQP filters (poly-sinc (-mp), poly-sinc-xtr (-mp), closed-form, not -shrt or -short or -shrt-2s) with high order modulators DSD7 256+fs or AMSDM7 512+fs.
If your computer isn't powerful enough, just go to DSD256 or even DSD128 to get playback w/o drops.

If you still prefer Daphile after that - just stay with it. I know people who do not like HQP. All we do personal subjective choice. :)

It's very simple - install NAA (networkaudiod package) at XU4 (for example):
https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.5.4-38_armhf.deb
Connect USB output of XU4 to your DAC. XU4 and computer with HQP should be in the same network.
In HQP choose:
1. Settings-Backend - NetworkAudioAdapter (IPv4 or IPv6)
2. Settings-Device - your XU4 with USB interface of your DAC.
So HQP server transmits data over a network to NAA at XU4, XU4 transmits it to DAC over USB.

It's free of charge, no need to pay anything.